Mrs. peppers is having her kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think 3 of them have strange markings. They are dark grey from the head and fade into white going down. Maybe they'll change but I think it looks Nice :)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Too cute- the grey ones actually have fever coats which is why their coat is lighter than the fur on their head. They will grow out of it and be the color on their heads all the way through eventually :) Gorgeous babies.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks :) should I take them to their mom to the vet? I was reading about fever coat and it could be from the mother having a fever while pregnant with them. :/ I was hoping they'd stay that color, it looks Nice

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could be the mama having a fever, or the kittens. If she seems and is acting normally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If she is acting ill, not eating or drinking for a couple of days (a day or two is normal after labor anyways) or if she's showing any other signs of illness or is not caring for her babies I would take her in to the vet. You'll also want to be sure to deworm and vaccinate the kittens once they are old enough, and mama kitty too if she hasn't been. Also please be sure to keep mama kitty inside until she is able to be spayed- they can go back into heat very soon after giving birth.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
uShe's acting fine, she's been with them all day and she is eating normally. yeah, I need to vaccinate them before I give them.to their owners. :) I know I love their coats too. I was hoping they would stay like that, it looks so Nice.

catdoll

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nice pictures, the gradient coat is stunning, too bad it doesn't last. Hope they are all doing good and no fever. Thanks for sharing.

thephcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're super adorable! I'm glad they're doing alright so far. Mommy did a great job. 
You're such a trooper for not freaking out lol I would've handled that with less grace.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens are fine, they have no fever :) I was so happy, I didn't want to scare her or make her stressed so I just stayed there petting her while she was having them.

tonymel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: the kittens are doing great! They are gaining weight fast and they are eating almost all the time. Here's a picture