mr. william...

kdoty226

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i have a brother and sister that are a little over a year old. Within the past week our male, has starting acting like he is scared. Now when i say scared he runs to the basement and hides out down there. I actuqlly just went to bring him upstairs and when i was doing so i held him tightly as i could feel pee running down my shirt and shorts. I do not know what the problem could be.. but he has never acted like this before even being the biggest mamas boy never have acted this way. There has been no trauma that i know of in my house. The family loves them both and they also run around with two dogs.ive been up all night trying to figure out what is going on because i am a cat freak and want my guy to feel better. Please help!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take him to the vet ASAP for a complete check up and particularly to rule out a UTI.  Based on what you've described I think a medical issue is extremely likely.  If he gets the all clear, let us know and we can try to get to the root of what could be happening if the issue is behavioral, but I really do think you have to get him checked out first in this case- giving you behavioral advice if it's a medical problem won't help anything and in fact might make the problem worse.

Please let us know what the vet says!

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor guy. Take him to the vet and give him space to hide if he's scared. Don't force him to come back out.