Mr. Wet Chin Needs Your Help!!!

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Exotic Shorthair Marley is the most gorgeous kitty in the world (not at all biased )!!!

His flat little face and big round eyes are too cute! We just love the little guy to bits. He had a rough start to life with some health issues , but is now 9 months old and has really come good - thank God!!

Anyway, when Marley drinks, because of his flat little face, he gets water all over his chin and neck. He then comes to me and meows, which loosely translates to "please dry my chin, mummy!"

Sometimes before he gets his chin dried he has a few bites of kibble. His chin touches the kibble also, and he ends up with yellow stains on his white chin and chest.

The stains don't come out with kitty shampoo and he gets little specks of dust on his chin which are stubborn and very difficult to get out too. The area is quite sensitive as the skin is very thin there.

I've tried using one of those bottle dispensers that hang on the cage for rabbits and guinea pigs, and if I take away his water bowl he will use it, but I don't think it releases enough water

Does anyone have any experience with this? How do I overcome it?

Any suggestions welcome ! My beautiful kitty deserves a clean and dry chin!!

Mr Wet Chin is super cute when he comes up for a dry, but I hate seeing the yellow stains on my beautiful baby!!!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I should add that I've also tried all kinds of food and water dishes

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, given that my two cats are domestic short-hairs and don't have the flat faces, I have no experience with your problem. I just thought I would chime in and let you know how cute I think your kitten is, rust-stains or no rust-stains!

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay those sippers seem to be a fair bit larger, maybe I'll give one a try. My kitty is quite the camel, so hopefully they will quench his thirst !!

I think I'll also check in with posiepurrs for any tips too, and may give my breeder a call to see if this has ever been an issue she has had to deal with. I've never noticed anything similar on any of her cats though

Thanks

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, given that my two cats are domestic short-hairs and don't have the flat faces, I have no experience with your problem. I just thought I would chime in and let you know how cute I think your kitten is, rust-stains or no rust-stains!

Thank you !! He has an awesome personality too! Definitely my little prince

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I asked my friend, who has had Persians for years. She said the Charlie's Critters "The Mound" works fine for her 2 male Persians. She cleans and refills it once a day.

She also sent this (no, not one of her cats):

aaawetface.jpg

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can always put a velcro bib on him! :flail:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Don't apologise, I have actually considered it lol!! The only reason I didn't go down that path is because it would cover neck / chest only and the main issue is with the chin! I couldn't work out how to get a bib to cover the chin LOL !!!:lol:

anankee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The bee hive works for my Persians - with the exception of the time we were at a show and Boo managed to put his paw in it just before we got called for a final!
Kitties are so naughty sometimes !! But ultimately it's one of the very reasons we love them so!!
Thanks for putting me onto Charlie's Critters, I'd never heard of them before and will definitely give it a go :)