Mr. Thomas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh ok
Well he does already know how to open cabinets and can almost turn a doorknob to open a door. And he definitely knows a few words......treats (he's the first to come running)...hungry (he's the first). Do I sense a pattern here? No wonder the vet thinks he may wind up with a weight problem!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

Oh ok
Well he does already know how to open cabinets and can almost turn a doorknob to open a door. And he definitely knows a few words......treats (he's the first to come running)...hungry (he's the first). Do I sense a pattern here? No wonder the vet thinks he may wind up with a weight problem!
Uh oh! You're in trouble! Actually my two know how to open cabinets - they open and slam them shut when, I think, they want attention!
And that's okay, one vet tech actually thought Baylee was pregnant, either that or fat. I was so mad!! She's not, she might be a bit pudgy but she's not overweight, poor thing. Besides, they're just kittens and still growing, right?

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Uh oh! You're in trouble! Actually my two know how to open cabinets - they open and slam them shut when, I think, they want attention!
And that's okay, one vet tech actually thought Baylee was pregnant, either that or fat. I was so mad!! She's not, she might be a bit pudgy but she's not overweight, poor thing. Besides, they're just kittens and still growing, right?
Well that was my thought too....just baby fat right? So how much does Baylee weigh now and how old is she? Thomas and Cooper both weigh 8.97 pounds. (as of 2 weeks ago when they got neutered) They are a little over 7 months old.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well that was my thought too....just baby fat right? So how much does Baylee weigh now and how old is she? Thomas and Cooper both weigh 8.97 pounds. (as of 2 weeks ago when they got neutered) They are a little over 7 months old.
Baylee weighed 8.12 pounds back in January when she was 7 and a half months old (I think... my math sucks right now). So now she's 9 months old and I bet she weighs about 10. So I think Thomas and Cooper sound right weight-wise, if you consider that they're boys and probably bigger than her. Does that make sense?

Now as for her being pudgy... she has that pesky fat flab that makes her look pudgy. But if you feel both my cats, they don't feel fatty, they feel solid (according to the vet).

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's the same with the boys. In fact, Cooper actually feels too thin to me because he's so long and lanky. Thomas is more stocky and muscular. When I pick up Cooper....he's like a limp noodle.
Thomas is more like a soft, velvety teddy bear.

(Speaking of Thomas......guess who must have known we were talking about him? He just came and jumped up in my lap.
)

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well that's the same with the boys. In fact, Cooper actually feels too thin to me because he's so long and lanky. Thomas is more stocky and muscular. When I pick up Cooper....he's like a limp noodle.
Thomas is more like a soft, velvety teddy bear.

(Speaking of Thomas......guess who must have known we were talking about him? He just came and jumped up in my lap.
)
Aw! Max is passed out next to me... such a rough life he leads! And yeah, Baylee is long and lanky too so I know what you mean about feeling too thin.

I think I wouldn't really worry about their weight THAT much... they're still kittens and I bet they have another growth spurt coming. I think when Baylee turns one, I'll worry if I need to but right now, let her enjoy the last 3 months of kittenhood (ACK!).

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Robin thats one gorgeous little boy you have there!
Thomas has gorgeous green eyes

I know what you mean about them growing up because Sophies one year old on wednesday(9th) and it just seems like last week when i brought her home