Mr. Jinx health/stuff update

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrjinx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!!

Happy holidays to you!

I am happy to report that Mr. Jinx goes on a party through the house spree every night now. He sings all of his songs, he digs under every rug just to make sure there's still no hole LOL, and in the morning I go downstairs to find him back in his safe room, pretending he never left. Last night I surprised him by going downstairs and I busted him next to the Christmas tree. He was shocked, but quickly came over and let me pet him. He was pretty relaxed and happy, then scampered off to smell the air vents and play with a box we left on the floor from Christmas.

He's also letting DH hand feed him if I'm in the room, so we're making progress there too! He even rubbed him once this morning.

He took his first dose of the giardia meds, now he's on his "week off" of meds, so I'm going to start treating the conjunctivitis. The vet only gave him interferon to help with that, but he's not supposed to take it until the giardia meds are done, and that's another few weeks. So I thought in the meantime I'd give him some acv with a chamomile eye wash, as I've read some amazing things about that with the conjunctivitis. Will also be starting him on an acidophilus/OLE/lactoferrin daily, so here's hoping!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap: Not surprised to hear his nightly romp's. How wonderful that he is adjusting so well and feeling better. Hope you can get the eye infection cleared up. I would be careful about any home remedies though and make sure you run them past your vet - even a phone call. I am glad to hear that the home remedy is working for his eye though. YAY for DH and Mr. Jinx becoming friend's too!!! :D :clap:.

Happy New Year to you :Evergreen: :D

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrjinx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much and Happy New Year to you!

He's doing really well now. He comes out every night and hangs out with me in the morning too, until DH comes down the stairs - then he goes back into his happy room for the day, venturing out again at night. He LOVES sitting on the big blue living room chair and watching the outside world at the front of the house. He's friendly with everyone and is so so lovable. We move soon and I think we've found a house, but I feel like he'll adjust really quickly as long as he knows I'm there and his stuff is there.

I did check with the vet and though he was skeptical it could work, it was totally fine! Nothing harmful. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mr Jinx will absolutely adjust quickly in the new home because of you :heart3: He trust's you now and nothing can change that now. I am so happy to hear how well this has all worked out. Good to hear you talked with your vet :bigthumb: continued vibes for his eye to be on the mend :clap::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

dunnyboy69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
read through the Mr Jinx threads recently. Thrilled things are going well. He sounds like a great cat - reminds me a lot of my Rudi and you've inspired me to get Rudi indoors, pampered and happy!