Mr. Grey Our Outside Family Member

deidrahall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share with you all our outside family member who we've been trying our best to take care of. My husband and I have been feeding Grey, well Mr. Earl Grey (as in the tea lol) for a couple years now. He comes around sometimes every day and sometimes only every other day. Or even every 3-4 days which leaves me to believe he has another food source that does make me feel better. Have never been able to touch him but he's not as afraid of us as he used to be. My husband made him a little heated kitty house for the winter time that's up against our back sliding glass door. Wasn't sure if he would use it but sure enough last winter we got to see him using it nightly!!!! He's a real treat and we love him. I attached a picture of him.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for taking care of him and making him a winter house IMG_2654.GIF

Have you tried letting him into the house? Just be patience, it takes time and sometimes it takes years but whatever it is, bless your heart :clap:

He's a nice looking kitty :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deidrahall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking care of him and making him a winter house View attachment 186203

Have you tried letting him into the house? Just be patience, it takes time and sometimes it takes years but whatever it is, bless your heart :clap:

He's a nice looking kitty :hearthrob:
Thank you, he is handsome I have to say myself :lovecat2:

The thought has crossed my mine and my husbands to see if he would come inside. Just not to sure about that only cause I have another cat and I don't know what health issues Grey might have. Over all he seems healthy for a stray. I can go in the backyard and do work and he'll stay in the patio and watch me so that's progress. But when I go out to talk to him before I feed him he stays about 5 feet away.

One time during last winter he had a sneeze and hack. So I started giving him Lysine with some wet food. He was better in about a weeks time. I do my best with what I can do for him. I think he's happy. I also think he makes his rounds about the neighborhood, hehe, I'm not his only stop lol. For a stray he seems smart. His visits with us make him happy I have to think. Sometimes he just chills on our back patio and sleeps so I can tell he feels at home here :kneading:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deidrahall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's funny. He must think our house is the Ritz Carlton with the heated house my husband made him ! :hyper: It even has his own blankey for him. We love him! Even if it is at a distance :redheartpump::loveeyes: