Mr. Bo Jangles...?half Ocelot?

genseng

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't see him being even part Ocelot. At least he doesn't look like the one's I've seen. Ocelot's have beautiful spotted coats, much to their bane, because hundreds of thousands of them are slaughtered each year in S. America to make fur coats. And our native American Ocelot is hovering on the edge of extinction. I have a great picture of a mother Ocelot and her babies if your interested, on my website. I'd post it here but I don't own the copyright.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of 9 ferels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for letting me see your website, it's wonderful! Yes, I know they have spotted coats, but if you toook a black marker, it would look exactly like Mr. Bo Jangles! He does have very faint brown rings on his tail, and the thing that I still can't understand is why his tongue is so smooth. There's no prickly things on it like a normal cat. That's what started me wondering just what breed he really was.
I had a lady who has been in the cat rescue business for almost 20 years come over a few weeks ago. She spotted my cat, and without me even asking her, she examined him. She said she had seen one like him before, about 3 years ago and he was also pitch black. The man bred an Ocelot with a barn cat, and this is what he got. His face is also similar to an Ocelot, and his length and size match.
This is why I asked you guys, since I have no way to really know. He's a beautiful guy and so intelligent. He does have a wild streak in him, still.
Oh, there's one more thing...he chased away a pack of Cyotes that had a den in my back woods. We tried for years to get rid of those things, and even asked a hunter to come and remove them, since they were after my small dog and the cats. When the hunter went in the woods, he found the den was abandoned and he also said he saw Mr. Bo Jangles stalking the woods. I was wondering why we had so many deer last year. We usually didn't see anything but deer carcuses in our woods.
We live on a 280 acre farm, and Mr. Bo Jangles seems to enjoy hunting all of it. The weird thing is, when I call his name, he comes running across the fields and comes home everytime.
The lady who came over said that if he did have Ocelot in him, the Cyotes wouldn't mess with him, but they would a normal cat. We have lost a few cats out of a feral colony to the cyotes.
I don't know, maybe he isn't Ocelot, but it's weird that everything sort of adds up. Everything but his coat. That lady also told me that the Ocelot is the only cat that has the smooth tongue. I also noticed his eyes are slightly different. He squints a lot in the light, and that's another reason I have a hard time taking pictures of him, he closes his eyes everytime!
Well, it's been fun meeting all the different cat experts! I wish I could find out what kind of cat Mr. Bo Jangles is, just because of all the things that don't add up.http://www.hometown.aol.com/icewinds...atgallery.html

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kitty Mom, my furrbabes have just had breakfast and a play and Buttons is helping me on the computer, whatever I'm doing she does too. What a beautiful picture of Mr. Bo Jangles he looks even more like Cilla on that one. I think it's him. The expression on his face everything even his tail. The vet told me that he was definitely from the wild cat family but he didn't tell me which one - why didn't I ever ask??? By the way I absolutely love his name. Don't you just love Margaret's kitties, they are gorgeous. Does Mr. Bo Jangles nibble your knee? Cilla was black all over too even his gums just like your beauty. What colour is his skin? I don't expect a reply yet because of the time difference you are probably all curled up asleep. It was a long time ago that Cilla was with me and this is the first time I have ever met another puss the same. Thank you. That is a beautiful picture of Junior isn't he a sweetie. What a lovely family you have. The pictures I put on of mine are only smilies it's not really them I have to find out how to put the real ones on and get some decent ones of them. Getting my camera out today! Buttons is very feminine you can tell straight away that she is a girl.

mom of 9 ferels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Cilla! Yes, Margaret's kitties are absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks...I feel so lucky to have so many beautiful little furballs.
I can't wait to see your pictures! I hope you can figure out how to put them on here!
I started taking photos of my guys after I bought my first digital camera, and had a lot of time on my hands to figure out how to do it! I'm still learning, but I can see from my earlier pics that I was awful at it when I first started! I'm hoping to improve as time goes by.
I just bought a new digital camera, and now I'm up to speed with the mega pixels, but I just found out through people on this site that I can change the size, and I never knew that! I'm so glad I found this site!
I just checked, and Mr. Bo Jangles has a greyish-white skin under his fur. I don't know if it's a winter coat, but he has a brownish hue to his fur, too. I can see very distinct brown stripes in his tail, but you have to look at it in the light to see it. He also has a brownish tint to the rest of him in the light. My husband thinks it's an underlayment of his Winter coat, but I've never noticed that before in him.
I spent most of the night last night getting my webpage updated. I have sooo many pictures, and I replaced quite a few of them with the new pics.
I know, your'e a few hours ahead of me in time, can't remember how many hours, is it 7 ?

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kitty Mom, You're certainly A1 at the pics now. They are gorgeous. That one of Junior with the flower in his mouth could easily win a prize. He has got such a cute face. I haven't got a digital camera so I am using an ordinary one and having them developed on a disc. I don't know if it will work but I am going to have a good try. It will probably be next weekend now when I get the pictures done. Have you seen that thread on the testing of cats at university. Then they put them to sleep. I was so shocked I didn't know they did that kind of thing of cats. Not that I approve of it on any animal, I don't. But how can they do that to the cats. There is a petition going out we can send by e-mail.
To talk of nicer things how is Mr. Bo Jangles?

mom of 9 ferels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...awww,you guys are so nice
I can't wait to see your pics, Cilla.
Meowz-r How old is your cat? I'm thinking the blue eyes make it a very young kitten?
I just found pictures of my babies when I found them. They were only 10 days old, only had 1 eye open, but they were the most beautiful blue eyes. I was hoping they would stay that way, but they turned a gorgeous copper/green.
I'll put a pic or 2 of them as babies, but please excuse the way they look, I wasn't very good at pictures back then! The kittens will be 2 years old this June.

mom of 9 ferels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It's hard to believe they grew up to be such beautiful cats. I think those pics were taken right after I found them, so they would be close to 10 days old. Black Jack Jr. was in a field and turkey vultures were flying over him and circling him. I heard his cries, and went to investigate. The others were found a mile apart from eachother along our dirt road. We think someone threw them out the car as unwanted kittens, but will never know.