Moving

klarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat Cleo who will be 19 years old come January. She has always been scared of the world, hiding from just about everything and everyone except me. I think she's in ok but not great healthwise; she has good days and bad days. There are times when she won't do anything but sleep all day and night for about 24 hours and not eat either and other days when everything seems normal.

Anyway, for a very long time my neighbors have got on my nerves, but I've tolerated it because I've been afraid of moving my cats (one cat passed away last month). Recently though, the neighbors have gone from "bad but tolerable" to "neighbors from hell." Ideally I could put up with it until Cleo passes and then move, and I'd never be able to forgive myself if I moved and Cleo couldn't handle it, but I can't stand them anymore. They've been asked multiple times to stop making so much noise and commotion but they refuse, and the landlords won't step in and do anything about it. (I could call the cops, but I'd be afraid of calling the cops on these people.)

So I'm thinking heavily about moving and taking the risk. I asked my vet and her answer was "just move." I have moved Cleo once though several years ago and I was afraid she wouldn't overcome the trauma of moving. I am scared to do it again. After reading this, does it sound like I should try to stick it out for Cleo? Or do you think she'd be ok and is there something I could do to help make it easier for her?

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if you are scared for your safety you need to move. Ask yout vet if he has a mild sedative that may help your kitty. We are moving in a week and we have a kitten (who i'm sure won't give a darn about the move) We purchased some feliway defusers to use around the house we're going to plug in before the move and then after we move her over.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are scared for your safety or your cat's safety then you should move. If your instinct is to move, you should listen.