Moving This Week, Still Not Sure What to Do With Peaches!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bet Peaches is happy as a clam to have a warm house and fresh food and water! If he wants company bad enough, he'll eventually let you know he wants out! That's what Carmella did!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaches' does want to come out of the room but she is scared of the other cats. I was carrying Peaches' from one room to the other and Sterling jumped up and grabbed her out of my arms and started attacking her. Then Berkley jumped in and they were both beating up Peaches. Poor Kitty! Now when I open the door (with the other cats locked in my room), Peaches hides because she thinks the other cats are gonna attack her.

Thanks for your responses, I just wish my 4 cats would accept Peaches so she could come out of her room sometimes

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you go through the introduction process? Maybe you should try to introduce one cat at a time. Bring one cat in peaches room, put vanilla on both of them and plug a feliway in peaches room and try to do it this way, maybe one week for each cat until they can get along.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I have not done any of the introduction processes yet. We have been so busy moving, company coming into town and getting ready for Christmas, I have not had any time to introduce them properly. I will do some research on this site and see what I can do to help them get used to eachother easier.
Thanks

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sicy and Mary Anne. I will be sure to read over the article

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger.. My cat for now just stays in my bedroom and he is fine.. However he needs to go outside and run around for about an hour a day or he gets stir crazy. Also about once a day I allow him in the adjoining storage room and bathroom for a while when I am home. I'd say 80% of the time he is in the one room though. The reason I let him roam a bit though is because he needs to or he starts scratching the walls to get out.. if peaches is happy and content in the room I wouldn't see a problem with letting her stay only in there until the situation changes. I'm sure the other cats will eventually at least accept her though.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved Peaches' litter box and food and water into our bedroom last night and let her sleep in there with us

She slept by the door most of the night. When Steven got up this morning I called her and she jumped in the bed with me and slept for a little while. She is still a little scared of Steven since he has not spent as much time with her as I have.
She was in heaven