Moving single cat into new home with 2 dogs and 1 cat

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys...I'm moving in a few days into a home with 2 dogs(a bulldog, and husky mix) and 1 cat. My cat now is 2 years old, very friendly with people but hasn't been around other cats in a while. I currently keep her in my room since my current living situation also has another cat and bulldog but they were never properly introduced. They all stay in separate rooms. I don't want to keep her isolated at our new home (and I don't like that I have to now) any suggestions to get her familiar with her future roommates? I'm more worried how she will react to the dogs than the cat. She is always curious about my current roommates animals, as I've tried to get her more familiar with them while they were out of town lol she just will hiss and swat at the cat (he is male) and watches the bulldog from afar but with no growling or hissing (we have a gate so she wont go on the hallway). Thanks guys, I hope you can help. Always such great advice on here :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, these definitely will help! I'll let you know if we have any issues. Move in day is tomorrow!