Moving and behavior

sassy's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We moved over the weekend from an apartment into a house with our two cats, Sassy La Rue and Lola Rocket. We didn't expect instant acceptance from the cats and Sassy took to the new house like a champ but Lola was a lot more hesitant. We put both cats in 'safe rooms' while moving and the movers were in the apartment and in the house.

Lola has had moments of normal behavior but a majority of the time she's hiding. I haven't seen her eat, drink water or go to the litter box (but mind you I do sleep and in the middle of the night she was on the bed and let me give her a nice scritch session).

What signs should I look for to take Lola to the vet? I don't mind waiting this out but I want to make sure there isn't something that I'm missing or a sign I should be looking out for.

bunchie62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't worry---their personalities affect they way they adjust and how fast it happens. Have had quite a few kitties moved with me over the years. Most had no issues but one would go into a deep depression, hiss at us and act as though the world ended. She always came around. Hang in there.