Movie Nite at The Cat Site™ April 18-23

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I'm going to watch "The Notebook" regardless this week.
It looks great... and I'm also a Ryan Gosling fan.

Katherine, he was AMAZING in "The Believer"... absolutely incredible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

No, that's "Black Sheep". Hilarious!
I LOVED the cabin scene!
I get those two mixed up because I saw them on tv in bits and pieces around the same time. The way the fridge pushes him back and slam him into the wall makes me laugh just thinking about it.
I also like the scene in the airplane where he's bumping and tripping himself with every single move. He ends up stepping in the toilet. It's too funny not to laugh!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chris Farley (RIP) is one of my all time favourite comedians... I loved the preacher character from SNL. Back when Farley was at SNL, the WHOLE cast was great!
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I get those two mixed up because I saw them on tv in bits and pieces around the same time. The way the fridge pushes him back and slam him into the wall makes me laugh just thinking about it.
I also like the scene in the airplane where he's bumping and tripping himself with every single move. He ends up stepping in the toilet. It's too funny not to laugh!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im not going to get dvd's as i dont want to pay membership at this crappy place around here, and i havent picked up my dvd player from my parents yet!
SO Im going to join in WITH THE MOVIE i will watch on the weekend on what ever channel on tv

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vote is for Office Space. "Yeahhhh....." Great for anyone who yesterday had a "Case of the Mondays"

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Yep, I'm going to watch "The Notebook" regardless this week.
It looks great... and I'm also a Ryan Gosling fan.

Katherine, he was AMAZING in "The Believer"... absolutely incredible.

Oh I haven't see nthat!! I'll have to add that to my "must sees!" I can't stop drooling over the boy!!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are just so many great movies, this will be a hard decision to make. Office Space is an awesome movie, too. I'm glad the decision isn't up to me!!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

No that's totally not true! People think it's a chick flick but literally every guy I know that has seen it thinks it's a GREAT movie! Whether it has romantic themes or not, when something is a good movie, it can't be denied!!
Okay which guys have you been watching it with?! I made my fiance watch it... he watched it but I don't think he was that happy about it, lol!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, before I went to bed last night, Katherine was the only person to mention that she would be watching a movie, (other than people who had participated before) so I went on a whim and asked her to pick a movie out of the suggestions. We will be watching Office Space this week.

Plot Outline from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/ Comedic tale of company workers who hate their jobs and decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

I think it will be really good.
This movie is done by Mike Judge of Beavis and Butthead fame.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Okay which guys have you been watching it with?! I made my fiance watch it... he watched it but I don't think he was that happy about it, lol!
Brendan (my bf), Frank (roommate's bf), this guy Luke I know, and my dad!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, I'm going to pick up Office Space right now. I should have bumped this up during the week to see when people were thinking of watching it, but oh well. If anyone else is watching it tonight let me know.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already rented "The Notebook" for tonight... and looking forward to it!

I also rented "What the Bleep Do We Know?", a film that looks at the religion/science connection. I saw in back in early January, but my date had a philosophy degree, and he kept complaining the whole time how absurd the movie was, so I decided to rent it and watch it again... this time alone and in PEACE!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was largely disappointed by Office Space. It seemed like a great comedy waiting to start, but never quite did.