Movie Night at The Cat Site™ Mar 30-April 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, well I saw Diner last night and enjoyed it. Being a movie that is over 20 years old (1982) the first thing that struck me was how much younger everyone looked. There was at least one unexpected surprise in the story, which is always good. Mickey Rourke was playing a scummy character, pulling an unbelieveably stupid stunt on one of his dates and then smooth talking his way out of it. This sets us up to know that he is capable of anything, but later in the movie we are surprised to see that he actually redeems his character. I liked that because i get sick of all the movies with people constantly cheating on each other. So, at one point in the story he was going to sleep with a friend's wife (aka butter her popcorn so to speak
) while his friends were hiding in his closet hoping to witness it, but they didn't know it was going to be a friend's wife. Instead, Rourke backed out at the last minute and took his friend's wife out of the apartment leaving his friends waiting in the closet and none the wiser. They both felt better and she decided she'd try to work things out with her husband.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I feel fine

I couldn't find it at my favorite video store, but I'll get it at another one. Good luck if you decide to join us.
Well...I didn't look. We ended up going to a nursery and getting some herbs and even some bonzai pots and hung around outside and had couple of beers. I don't drive even after 1 beer, so I didn't get to the video store. So far it looks like I'm not alone. Glad you enjoyed it Ryan. Did anyone else watch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Well...I didn't look. We ended up going to a nursery and getting some herbs and even some bonzai pots and hung around outside and had couple of beers. I don't drive even after 1 beer, so I didn't get to the video store. So far it looks like I'm not alone. Glad you enjoyed it Ryan. Did anyone else watch?
Yep, this thread is always a long shot, but Deb watched the movie as well. Ask her how she liked her "theatre style" popcorn.

P.S. What kind of beer!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Yep, this thread is always a long shot, but Deb watched the movie as well. Ask her how she liked her "theatre style" popcorn.

P.S. What kind of beer!
Ok, Deb, do tell about the popcorn!I LOVE popcorn!

It was just Busch beer. Cheap, but COLD.