Moved And Stressed Cat!

amy ballard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone,

Me and my 1 and 1/2 year old boy moved a few days ago, and I am just a wee bit worried! Hes half maine coon and half regular house cat. We moved to a house with my family and hes in my bedroom, which isn't new to him. however, hes been hiding in the window 90% of the time, eating mostly treats and nibbling off his wet food and dry food very little. Hes been going pee in the box at least 2-3 times a day so hes getting water I just am not seeing it but he has not pooped. I am a little worried as this is now day three, I was told to give him a little milk and he ate that and he nibbled a little tuna this morning. Any tips or tricks? I noticed hes becoming more and more comfy in this new place but I am worried!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So long as he is nibbling and drinking, you are doing ok. He'll adjust to his new surroundings and be back to normal fairly quickly, unless he is a very timid cat. "A few days" is NOTHING in cat-world. Hekitty slunk around for a good two weeks when she and I moved to a new apartment, and she had scent-soakers in every room. They don't like to have their territory disturbed in the least, but they DO adjust.