Moved and have "new cat enclosure"!!!

alexandrajames

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would just like to say that I think your place is great!!!!

I just met a lady in my area who is trying her best to help every feral cat she possibly can. I visited her home this weekend and was amazed with what she had built for her babies.

I have to say you definately have a cat paradise!! Those cats are soooo lucky for someone like you.

I hope that one day I will be able to do something equally amazing!

They all look so happy and are all so very lucky!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So when does the swing go up?

I saw the pond in the pics of Jimmy thread, but I missed all of the landscaping pics leading up to that BEAUTIFUL finished product!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THE SWING IS IN PLACE..........!!!!! TaDa!!!

That's buddy sitting on it.. He loves it. He sits on it constantly.

The sucker rod we used have really come in handy as far as hanging stuff up..like their barrel and now the swing. I want to find one of those big (very big) 6-8" diameter ropes and hang one of those up too length wise with a sway to it. Im scared of anything smaller than that because of the "hanging factor".... I want one big and strudy that they can't get hurt on..

This weekend I am going to buy a bunch of herbs -- thyme, rosemary and such as they are non poisonous and grow like crazy so they can dash around through them. I am watering their plants daily to get them to grow. The lilac is doing good. No catnip or sunflowers peeking out yet. The other place in missouri had 6' tall sungflowers and 3' catnip plants. I got to get it going here too. The catnip comes back year after year.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AlexanderJames, that lady trying to help all the ferals . I'll say you can only do what you can do and bless her for trying and everyone else in the same situation..

Kudos to her.... !!!!!

I think they are lucky kitties too but it is not amazing. It is my duty..... I had to do it so I could relax knowing they are ok because I took responsibility for them..

It is for my peace of mind and just my way of giving back to them all that they have given me -- if that makes sense. They are just little kitties trying to make it in this world and I am just here for the ride they take me on.

You can do whatever you make your mind up to do. Remember that from this old lady....!

I believe everything is symbiotic in all living creatures and what we do effects everything else. So my gift to them keeps harmony in my corner of the world. At least that's how I see it.

jc

alexandrajames

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your post and it does make purrfect sense!

The lady I was talking about feels the same way in that she does what she does because she couldn't rest well if her kitties weren't well taken care of.

My little Luna has done a lot for me as well. Seeing her just makes me feel better, so I too want to return the favor back to her.

You have done a great thing for your kitties and I'm sure they love you very very much for that. You can definately tell just by looking at your photos that they mean a lot to you.

Thanks!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, they are sooooo spoiled. I had no idea. Every night even when it's 50 degrees and warm, they sit and cry when I go to the restroom because they can see me through the window. They want in!!! So every night, I go outside and carry them in one by one..... (Hubby helps me) Then they find their comfortable spot and crash for the night. When morning comes I take them back outside and they spend their day in the fresh air napping on rocks and running and playing.

I have tried leaving them a porch light on and they even have a motion detector light as well but they still want in their house with their people at night. I wake up in the morning and cats are laying all over my feet because they have missed me. My husband laughs about it. He is very good natured.

I guess it their large playpen!!! Even the feral ones have learned the routine. If they want to go in the house I have to carry them. And its a tough decision for Jimmy and Star. They want in and they know the only way to get in is if I carry them so they submit....Jeez!!!

I have tried everything. They have tons of blankets in their house so it is nice and soft and comfy. I have even went in there and sat with them and they are great with them but at nightfall, they are like a chicken wanting to roost in their house.

The other day when I was at work, it poured rain. When I got home, Yellow and Kissy were sitting in a rainstorm crying at the gate. So they are staying in the house with me so they won't get pneumonia.

They are soooooo spoiled. I really had no idea they were this spoiled.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clever kitties, they probably got soaked wet on purpose, just to get in

It might be bit of challenge to de-spoil them so they would learn to stay outside a night, how it is even possible to get them learn that? Cats are naturally comfort seekers and it sounds to me that they are willing to go extreme discomfort to get comfort of indoors, that is bit silly, but I guess it can't be any other way as they are cats

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

They are soooooo spoiled. I really had no idea they were this spoiled.
So..... when is Juan going to be constructing the direct access to the house so they can come and go indoors/outdoors as they please?
As you may recall, MA has hers set up straight to one of the dining room windows, and they have a way to close the tubes off at both ends (so no kitties can hide in there if they need to be crated to get to the vet). Just... a helpful... reminder.