mouse in the house:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jetter

What you can do is buy one of those electrical boxes that trap mice and kills it. Its like a foot long and it takes batteries. Inside the box there is an exposed wire that hangs down so when the mouse goes in, it electricutes it. Apparently the batteries are powerful enough to do the job. We have used them at a rental house we have and it is truly the only thing that really works. You'd have to put dog food (or cat food) just at the inside of the box to attract the mouse. Of course, you'd wanna block off the area so you're cat will be alright. Another option is that you can block off the hole by the washer and then go outside and try to find where it go in at and load that area with DECON
. It will reeeeeeek but it'll do the trick.
In my experience, cats are the most humane and efficient way to control unwanted critters in the property. You may get rid of mice the quick way, but they come back. Cats tend to deter future invasions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure the mice are coming from the basement and there must be a million ways they can get in to the stone foundation and 8 basement windows, and a door, a sump pump, french drain, and regular drain. I like the electrical thing though. what is that called? I could use that to get rid of what is here, and most likely they won't come back with the cats here. Once my two females became elderly, I think the mice became comfy. Now with my three studly males, just acquired in the last year, the mice may want to live elsewhere.