Mouse in the House!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats usually catch a couple mice a year. The mice like to get under the stove and my little mousers are on it, day and night. They always seem to catch them when I'm at home.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be worried about the health effects of mice running around, and it's definitely something you want to get rid of, regardless of how common a problem they are. Those sonic plug-in thingies sound like a great idea!
And shame, shame, shame on Trout for not even noticing the mice!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sonic plug-ins didn't work for us. When we lived in a house, in the fall they'd come into the basement. We ended up resorting to using baited traps that kill them, because releasing them outside didn't change anything, and I could not stand the idea of them stuck to the glue - what a horrible death! At least the spring traps are (usually) a quick death.

We had two come upstairs. Spooky trapped one of them in the closet across from the basement door. Gary cornered it, it ran into the plastic bag, and he released it down the street.

The other one was up on the 2nd floor. Tuxedo was playing with it. Gary managed to corner that one into a plastic bag too. He seemed fine - so he (or she) got released down the street too.

The problem - for us - only lasted a month or two during the season change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

The sonic plug-ins didn't work for us. When we lived in a house, in the fall they'd come into the basement. We ended up resorting to using baited traps that kill them, because releasing them outside didn't change anything, and I could not stand the idea of them stuck to the glue - what a horrible death! At least the spring traps are (usually) a quick death.

We had two come upstairs. Spooky trapped one of them in the closet across from the basement door. Gary cornered it, it ran into the plastic bag, and he released it down the street.

The other one was up on the 2nd floor. Tuxedo was playing with it. Gary managed to corner that one into a plastic bag too. He seemed fine - so he (or she) got released down the street too.

The problem - for us - only lasted a month or two during the season change.
Yeah, where we found the poops there were quite a bit..I think we may have to think about getting traps

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a mouse in the basement that Cleo tortured for weeks. I finally set a trap for it, and I swear, the mouse threw itself on the trap immediately, to end it's life of torment! Cleo found and decapitated a couple more in the following weeks. I was sitting in a lawn chair in the back yard, and looked up at the back of the house in time to see something disappear into the tiny hole where the wiring for the airconditioning unit go into the basement. Sure enough, it was a mouse! I filled that hole with bath tub caulk, and I've never had another mouse in the house since....much to Cleo's dismay!