Motivation Pls! Weight-loss Journey

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by morningrl

I have missed this thread somehow... I wish I could get remotivated... last year I joined Sparkpeople.com (best thing that ever happened to me) and lost 32lbs by changing my eating habits, cut out processed foods and cooked fresh, drank lots of water, started adding vitamins to my daily diet, and exercise became something I looked forward to ( I was walking 3-6 miles a day). Then my world turned upside down... my youngest daughter returned home from a placement center for out of control teens and seemed to be a changed child... at first. Her issues were violence against me, running away, drugs & all sorts of dangerous behaviors that go along with them. Thankfully, she has remained drug-free, and she hasn't turned to physical violence again, but she went from being this sweet thing when she came home to a verbally disrespectful and hateful person. She's staying with her dad temporarily, but he is moving across the country in a couple weeks so she will be coming back here.. though he promised her she could come live with him when school is out. Between that stress and the fact that I started taking college classes full-time on top of a full-time job... I have gained back all I lost and then some... I just can't find the motivation to get back to it. Then I saw on the news the other day that your hormones work against you and even a year after you've lost weight they are higher trying to get you to eat what your body thinks it's missing... How unfair is that!?! So, I suppose what I want to say is I wish you all the best of luck
, because it is soooooo hard, but I know it can be done. And maybe one of these days I'll be back on here bragging about losing a few pounds myself!
Oh gosh! Stress is SUCH an enemy. I've lost around 25 pounds or so since the beginning of the year, but really it was all before June. I'm not really sure what's happened since then, ugh. But I'll try to snack less, and eat less comfort foods.