Motiation...what motivates you to do things?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My motivation is I know if I dont go to work or whatever then Ari will suffer so I just get up and do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How well are you eating????
I find that if I have been eating more junk food (like soda and chips) than I usually do I do not feel as motivated!!
What works for me is to break down tasks into smaller parts and say do something that can fit in a commercial break if you are watching TV (about 2.5 mintues!!)
Or I'll set the timer on the stove/microwave and tell myself I am going to spend say 30 minutes doing this one task.
Its seems to work out pretty well!!
Thanks love! Those are good ideas!! I am eating pretty well- i use whole wheat pastas, brown rice, lean meats to cook with, fresh veggies,etc- i make just about everything we eat myself so i know exactly what is in it (i have GI issues so there are quite a few things i can't eat -so it's better if i make everything myself. once in a while i will go and get fast food or eat out though- but it's not often) I definitely am a sucker for sweets though so i try to limit how much i have. I haven't had soda almost 10 years- i don't drink carbonated things (except an occassional beer or wine cooler once in a long while). I drink lots of water and try to eat 5-6 small healthy meals/snacks a day. So i don't think it's my diet...but i could be wrong though.

I am going to try your timer trick! I like that idea!!

Originally Posted by Fostermomm

My motivation is I know if I dont go to work or whatever then Ari will suffer so I just get up and do it.
I think that beautiful little girl is a GREAT motivator!
(we need new Ari pics!!!
)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks love! Those are good ideas!! I am eating pretty well- i use whole wheat pastas, brown rice, lean meats to cook with, fresh veggies,etc- i make just about everything we eat myself so i know exactly what is in it (i have GI issues so there are quite a few things i can't eat -so it's better if i make everything myself. once in a while i will go and get fast food or eat out though- but it's not often) I definitely am a sucker for sweets though so i try to limit how much i have. I haven't had soda almost 10 years- i don't drink carbonated things (except an occassional beer or wine cooler once in a long while). I drink lots of water and try to eat 5-6 small healthy meals/snacks a day. So i don't think it's my diet...but i could be wrong though.

I am going to try your timer trick! I like that idea!!

I think that beautiful little girl is a GREAT motivator!
(we need new Ari pics!!!
)
New Ari pics. HMMM I think I can do that for you. Let me see what Ive got on here and if I have some I'll post them.

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I only really "clean" clean the house when we are getting company. I straighten up, sweep, dust, but to actually REALLY clean, it's because someone else is coming to visit.
Yea me too!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very hard to motivate me. I'm a homebody and I usually don't like to go out, unless it's with DH. Plus I admit I'm somewhat lazy so that makes it really hard to get motivated. My attitude is more like "I don't feel like it"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys, i feel soo stupid!
I know what's causing the issues, geesh i feel dumb for not even thinking about it, but living with it every day you just get used to it. It's the PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). It (and all the lovely side effects related to it - heat flashes, sweating, fatigue, mood swings, weight gain, carrying weight at my belly (i look pregnant i swear), the horrid cramping...everything.. is causing ALL my darn symptoms. I am going to make an appt. to see my obgyn soon and try to get it straightened out a bit maybe with a different bc pill because the one i use now is doing more harm than good
At least now i realize when i had not even really thought about. That stinks though, i think the PCOS is getting worse for me.

Anyone else have it? How do you cope with it/symptoms that go along? (there are different side effects- not everyone has all the symptoms of it- me for instance, i don't have alopecia or any kind of hair loss - mostly mine is a bit of weight gain as of recently (reguardless of my good diet/exercise), sweating (gross i know!
), fatigue- gosh i could sleep all day if i had the chance!, hot flashes, cramping horribly, bloating, mood swings on occassion (but nothing too horrible)....I gotta get my hormones straightened out- i'm thinking that has a lot to do with me not being motivated lately- i just feel too "blah" to be motivated about much. It makes sense now when i think about it. thankfully though now that i realize it- i can maybe get a little help!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You guys, i feel soo stupid!
I know what's causing the issues, geesh i feel dumb for not even thinking about it, but living with it every day you just get used to it. It's the PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). It (and all the lovely side effects related to it - heat flashes, sweating, fatigue, mood swings, weight gain, carrying weight at my belly (i look pregnant i swear), the horrid cramping...everything.. is causing ALL my darn symptoms. I am going to make an appt. to see my obgyn soon and try to get it straightened out a bit maybe with a different bc pill because the one i use now is doing more harm than good
At least now i realize when i had not even really thought about. That stinks though, i think the PCOS is getting worse for me.

Anyone else have it? How do you cope with it/symptoms that go along? (there are different side effects- not everyone has all the symptoms of it- me for instance, i don't have alopecia or any kind of hair loss - mostly mine is a bit of weight gain as of recently (reguardless of my good diet/exercise), sweating (gross i know!
), fatigue- gosh i could sleep all day if i had the chance!, hot flashes, cramping horribly, bloating, mood swings on occassion (but nothing too horrible)....I gotta get my hormones straightened out- i'm thinking that has a lot to do with me not being motivated lately- i just feel too "blah" to be motivated about much. It makes sense now when i think about it. thankfully though now that i realize it- i can maybe get a little help!
At least you know what is wrong, that's half the battle, Nikki. They still can't figure out what is wrong with me and I've seen 3-4 different doctors. I wish it would just go away. So lately when my symptoms get really bad, I get really depressed because I'm just in so much pain.
I hope they can help you out! It is not fun being in pain and having symptoms. Let us know how you are doing and keep us posted about your visits.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
living with medical health issues sucks.
I just kinda look at it , I do what i can do each day. Sometimes i can do more then other times. today is a bad day, back hurts really, bad, I cant feel most of my right leg,
left leg and foot feels like like molten fire is running down it. Last thing i feel like doing is sitting here at the office.

Dealing with any long term medical issues, places a drain on the body and mind. i have always been kinda short with people, but day like to day i am worse and i know it.

But really what choice do we have? the way i see it is there is no quit in life. or save game. that not to say we cant take time off to recharge.

there is old saying, that i think comes from the japanese and i have seen in some books
Death is as light as feather , duty is as heavy as a mountian.

maybe its sad, but that gets me up out of bed on days like today, when i would much
perfer to be at home feeling sorry for myself

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont have PCOS but my sister does and she had two kids with it. Sometimes she's just miserable though. Nothing has helped her so far. She has alot of the same symptoms as you she also has very very bad cramping most days.

I do have Diabetes, Crohns disease and Hip Dysplasia so I know what its like to live with long term health problems. You really have to force yourself to do things. Its tough but you have to continue on for the ones you care about most!