Mother in laws............I love mine, I really do

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, my mother-in-law would have to make a day trip to drop in
, but I'm sure she calls her friend next door before going over, anyway. I don't mind if people drop by unannounced, as long as they are Ok with taking me the way they find me -- IF they find me. I do tend to call first before I drop in on anyone, though, even if it's just from outside their place on the cellphone -- you call 'on spec' and take what you get -- sort of the same as ringing the doorbell, except that the person is free to say no.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ALWAYS call people before I come over, only exception is my Nana I always pop in unannounced since she only lives 15 minute walk away!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always call before showing up. So does my MIL. Unfortunately, my mom hasn't learnt how to do that!

I have the best MIL. She doesn't interfere. Right now she calls me everyday to see how I am doing and always asks if there is something she can do for me and doesn't get upset if I say no thanks. No only does she want to help, she does this while she is a sick woman! Has been very ill for a long time, but is so looking forward to this new grandchild).

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEEk i have a really embarising story about not calling ahead of time....A couple of years ago, my boyfriend and I were in the neighborhood of a friends house...we decided to drop by unexpectantly....usually we would call but we were right in front of there house......
Well we ot up to the door, and heard wierd noises.....ummmm...ummmmm....him and his girlfriend were.....ummmmm "doing it"....

that was very very awkward.........lol

So i agree with policy of calling first....Its ok to surprise once in a while....but at your own risk........