MOTHER CAT IS ILL! WHAT TO DO???

kittylover2611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have rehomed a stray that came into our back garden a couple of months back and 4 weeks ago she had 2 kittens which are healthy and fine. She has recently gotten ill and has not eaten for 3 days! We took her to the vet who gave her two injections and tablets. He said if she does not get better to bring her back the following day. She is not better! But, we cant afford for the treatment and the kittens milk etc... 
I have found owners for the two kittens and she has agreed to wait until they are 12 weeks old, but i cant look after them. If the mom is ill and cant feed them, she cant be near them then what should i do?
How are they going to learn other cat things from their mother if they are not with her...? HELP!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Should i take her to the vet?
Should i call RSPCA to take her?
Should i call the to-be owners of the kittens and tell them to take them?
Should i look after them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What are the mother cat's symptoms? Exactly what meds (name) has she been given? What does the vet think is wrong?

Need to know details to proceed with suggestions.

If she is not eating, she needs sub-Q fluids at the least to stay hydrated, and perhaps some Nutri-cal paste.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have two issues going on here. Mom is sick and needs medical attention, and the babies need care.

I think it would be best to reach out to foster networks and find someone who can take the whole family. It would be best if mom could get well and stay with her babies. A no kill shelter could be able to help.

For now, are mom and kittens inside all the time? Have you tried tempting mom with stinky food like tuna? Are you feeding the babies?