Most trustworthy brands for cat supplements

tbroox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm turning to you folks here on the Cat Site because I trust the judgement of you senior forum members. I have 4 cats, and my 11-yr-old bobtail, Calvin, has been plagued for the last couple of years with sneezing fits. My vet has treated him with steroid shots about every 4-6 months, which does seem to help, but it has been only 3 months since the last shot, and he's miserable again. Not only that, but I have another cat, Mr Marbles - age 6, who has started having the same symptoms. Marbles got his steroid shot yesterday, and when I asked for an appointment for Calvin, my vet said rather than seasonal allergies, Calvin may have feline herpes virus. Of course, lysine is the treatment that pops up most frequently when you research it, and I'd like to try it on both Calvin and Marbles. My concern is that there are so many sketchy "brands" out there. When I research some of them, it looks like they're just hustlers looking to make a quick buck in the poorly regulated pet supplements market. Are there any pet brands that you guys would recommend? Especially those that offer lysine supplements. Thank you!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What form are you looking for the L-Lysine to be in? Many people use capsules and just open them up and mix them with wet food. Others use treats for cats. I supposed others use tablets and crush them and mix them with food. Unless you are buying L-Lysine treats, you can use L-Lysine for humans. As well as the brands listed above, many folks use NOW brand (a human brand)