Most people online was 621 on June 21, 2005--can it be broken?

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was that set-up? Maybe we should set a day and time that we all log on and beat that record?! What do you think?

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Was that set-up? Maybe we should set a day and time that we all log on and beat that record?! What do you think?
Yeah it was probably shortly after the site started when there were lots of...what do they call em'? Spiders? The google, yahoo, and other search engine bots that crawl through sites caching the pages and putting it in the search engine.

A small forum I was part of the set-up of had like 120 people on for most of the first week (no way that many guests were actually there).

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I think that might be neat.... anyone know what date would be like an anniversary here or something. That might make is more memorable!
i agree!!!!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alwaysaangel

Yeah it was probably shortly after the site started when there were lots of...what do they call em'? Spiders? The google, yahoo, and other search engine bots that crawl through sites caching the pages and putting it in the search engine.

A small forum I was part of the set-up of had like 120 people on for most of the first week (no way that many guests were actually there).
That date was several years after TCS was started so probably not
but before I was a member so not sure if it was planned, but bots do randomly reappear by the mass to recache pages so you might still be right!

I can't think of a 'TCS' date, maybe Anne could say when she started the forum?

The first ever post I can find is 28th October 2000, 04:02 PM by Anne

ocicatdude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i'm always on when im at work so no time schedule needed

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

That sounds like a great idea

I dont think that it was "set up" as you say,I think it more likely that was the "hey day"
so to speak
Google..etc.. has a way of reducing the rankings of a site if there are a lot of spam registrations,also if the search engines receive complaints about a site not being what it advertises itself to be,then that will affect its rankings to

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could have been, not so much set up, as a day a contest or something finished. The userlist will also be fairly long if there are a lot of guests on, maybe with a food recall or similar, people looking for information, or if lots of people on happened to be AOL users with proxies following them making them look like 5 members instead of one.

I don't think it was spam registrations as much as guests.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm..maybe a mod can answer this, but wouldn't it be really slow? Like the more people that is on TCS at once, the connection slower it is?

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Hmmm..maybe a mod can answer this, but wouldn't it be really slow? Like the more people that is on TCS at once, the connection slower it is?
thats ok, we can manage if its slow!!! we've GOT TO set the record!!!! this kind of commnity effort is what tcs is all about.

go tcs!!