Most common vents for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Jenny sweetie,,there is no excuse for punching of any sort, especially not from an adult male. "Acting up" doesnt qualify as a good excuse either,,,I hope your situation really isnt too bad hon., I think you are too old for physical pucishment though, especially 'punching'.
Aw, you all care about me so.
Know I care for you all too. It really isn't too bad. I know its no excuse, but I can act pretty bad...
I agree. Come here...

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

The finger breaking incident was years ago, and it was the culmination of many months of torment by my disgusting, nasty sister. She lived to aggravate and torment me, and during my somewhat misspent youth, I snapped on her several times when I just could not take it any more. She was about 300 lbs., I was about 100, and she would sit on me, gnaw her nails bloody, and spit them on me. She was abusive to all her siblings, and none of us stayed in the house one day longer than we legally had to. She is the most horrible human being that ever lived, and I still cannot stand the sight of her. She lives to torment and abuse anyone she can, and seems to be proud of it. She has no friends, and only my daughter will give her the time of day. I tolerate her in very small doses for my daughter's sake. She is usually on her best behavior when we have to be around each other. I almost hate to admit it, but I have made her scared of me. She is the one that is defenseless now, and even though I would now walk away before I snapped on someone in a wheelchair, she does not know that.
Hmmm...she sounds terrible!
But still...

obi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

Aw, you all care about me so.
Know I care for you all too. It really isn't too bad. I know its no excuse, but I can act pretty bad...
I agree. Come here...
When you love someone and they do something that hurts you the first instinct is to find a reason (read: excuse). There is the concern that if the person can hurt you like this, then maybe they don't love you as much as you thought, and so coming up with a rational reason for the behavior feels better. However, his hitting you isn't an expression of his lack of love for you, it is quite simply that your father has self-control issues. Everyone gets mad (sometimes furious), but most of us are able to hold firm and express our anger more constructively (like this forum!!). Now here is another truth: you could break every breakable object in the house and scream the most foul things at him that you can imagine . . . and he still should not hit you. While you say you understand that your "acting up" is not an excuse, it doesn't sound like you actually believe that, darling. The fact that your father gets violent (even if "mild") has everything to do with what is going on INSIDE him, and what triggers it is really irrelevant. Family counseling would probably be a GREAT idea. It would give you a forum for your family to talk about issues in a more neutral setting in the presence of a moderator. Anyway, I bet I sound all preachy (blah, blah, blah . . .). I just want to be sure youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re really OK and not just putting up a brave front (no big deal . . .). So, I suppose I should actually get on to venting . . . .

Work. I love my coworkers, but I hate the mess that some of them leave in the break room. How can you spill coffee all over the counter, and leave a swath of spilled sugar and NOT CLEAN IT UP!!!!!!! Argggggg!!! Plus, I hate to say it, but it really irritates me when I get official letters from agencies, and the letters contain glaring grammatical errors. Although it can be good for a laugh!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a petty work vent, please. I have written on the cleaning schedule, which is a schedule listing various daily duties that must be initialed by each nursing shift "empty trash at end of each shift". Constantly I come in, and the wastebasket is full! This bugs me! Guess one of my pet peeves is a full trash can. I don't want to see my own trash full, let alone someone elses! It's just aggravating to start a shift with an already full trash can. How complicated is this? You're a nurse, you have a degree, Take out your trash!

Has it been a busy shift?..I see..Are we out of liners?..Fine..Have you broken a limb?..I understand and will be happy to take it out immediately upon my arrival! Otherwise, come on, just empty your trash!

This has been therapeutic, and I believe I will go post it in the "Petty Pet Peeve" thread, too, if everyone will disregard my double post, please.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mines work as well!.

I'm fed up of having to hear the same people moaning day in and day out about the slightest problem they have with either the work place or life in general

Everyone is entitled to a moan now and again but some of this lot where i work seem to spend their entire lives wasting valuable time and energy on moaning!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Family for me. I have relatives that make me wish there were no human beings on earth. When my dad was still working he used to help his less fortunate brothers and sisters. He would send money for his nieces and nephews schooling or whatever. Now that these people are successful, they treat him like he doesn't exist. What a bunch of ingrates!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I have a petty work vent, please. I have written on the cleaning schedule, which is a schedule listing various daily duties that must be initialed by each nursing shift "empty trash at end of each shift". Constantly I come in, and the wastebasket is full! This bugs me! Guess one of my pet peeves is a full trash can. I don't want to see my own trash full, let alone someone elses! It's just aggravating to start a shift with an already full trash can. How complicated is this? You're a nurse, you have a degree, Take out your trash!

Has it been a busy shift?..I see..Are we out of liners?..Fine..Have you broken a limb?..I understand and will be happy to take it out immediately upon my arrival! Otherwise, come on, just empty your trash!

This has been therapeutic, and I believe I will go post it in the "Petty Pet Peeve" thread, too, if everyone will disregard my double post, please.
That isn't petty at all, Stephiane. How annoying.
Part of being a nurse is keeping everything clean and ready for the patients. Its part of their job, they need to do it!
Did you talk to them about it?

I'm glad this helps some of you guys, I hoped it would.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Family for me. I have relatives that make me wish there were no human beings on earth. When my dad was still working he used to help his less fortunate brothers and sisters. He would send money for his nieces and nephews schooling or whatever. Now that these people are successful, they treat him like he doesn't exist. What a bunch of ingrates!
How dare they! UGH!
I understand why you would be upset. If I were them, I'd be down on my knees thanking him. Your father helped them out, and they most likely wouldn't be this far without him.