most common things you and your spouse fight about

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We fight about Josh not having alot of extra time. He is in school and graduating this year...also we do not live together so its hard sometimes not to see him as much as I'd like.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I always listen to music when I do my nails, and couldn't find the CDs I was looking for b/c he didn't put them back in their proper cases - again!
I burn copies of the cds DH likes for him to listen to, he's not allowed to touch my cds and he knows it.
But then I don't even play the originals because I don't want to scratch them.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I burn copies of the cds DH likes for him to listen to, he's not allowed to touch my cds and he knows it.
But then I don't even play the originals because I don't want to scratch them.
As soon as the s/o gets home from work, I'm gonna have him locate those CDs, and load them onto the computer.
Then if he ever loses them again, I'll have a copy!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well there's disagreements, bickering, nagging etc, but certainly no fighting. There have been no raised hands, no cruel name calling, no accusations and certainly no yelling in the last 3 and a bit years. I was surprised for a while as i thought all couples argued, but i mean when the disagreements and bad moods kick in i suppose it all adds up lol. They're over various things but nothing too serious.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arguments but not much fighting--fighting only happens in relation to his parents--they hate me and like to blame me for taking their son away. I really do feel bad that he sort of gets stuck in the middle of it.

Leslie

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

OH and that he clicks his knuckles!! It drives me nuts!
That would (in all seriousness!) be a relationship breaker for me, it freaks me out completely and has on occasion , when I've been around people who do it, made me be physically ill.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That would (in all seriousness!) be a relationship breaker for me, it freaks me out completely and has on occasion , when I've been around people who do it, made me be physically ill.
I often snap and pop when I move. I'd probably really bother you just trying to stand up from a chair. There's nothing I can do about this, though - it hurts so if I could prevent it I would.

Another thing that drives me up a wall, and can lead to some arguments. My DH exaggerates.

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We always fight over him losing stuff. I know for a fact he's the one that loses it but he says it's impossible because the last time he touched it was days ago, and I'm like exactly, the last time I saw it you had it! This happens with books, remote controls, batteries, trash bags, lol, anything that can get lost, at least 2x a week! lol

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I don't mind when it happens by accident but it's the clicking on purpose that makes me wild and yes, like you I feel absolutely sick every time.

Give me nails on a black board any day!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For us... it's mostly money.. small things are that he can't ever seem to put a roll of toilet paper back up, it tends to sit ON TOP of the thing instead of hanging where it should! And squeezing the toothpaste from the front and not the bottom!
Other than that, it's rather easy going!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My DH doesn't recognize dirt until there is enough to support major agricultural life. We argue about "is it clean enough?".
Hmm.....that sounds familiar! I'm always saying that there'd have to be a major ecosystem growing in here before it got noticed.

Other than that, we don't really "fight" really....It's all stupid petty things, like him "forgetting" to take down the garbage (even when I've asked him several times), or doing the dishes when I ask him to (which is very infrequently). He is very good about feeding Harley when he comes home in the morning, though, so I can sleep a little longer, and he actually used the vacuum cleaner a few nights ago.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are things we each do that annoy one another but we overlook them.

It took me awhile but I finally found something we actually fight about. Building things. I was just taking a bench apart and it started. Thankfully we aren't putting the baby furniture together.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bicker over stupid stuff every now and then. We have had maybe 3 or 4 BIG arguements in the 6 years of our relationship. We have gone to couple's counseling to see how to compromise and that REALLY cut down on many arguements. We never go to bed angry anymore and I ALWAYS say I love you before bed. You never know when it will be the last time