Most Appetizing Foods For Picky Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has she had her teeth checked recently? As my Krista has had some teeth removed due to resorptive lesions (and eats/looks like she needs another dental soon), she has definite texture preferences now. She likes a slurpable food (like the raw homemade boneless grind I make for her with extra water) over any firmer pates or shreds. I can occasionally get her to eat some Rawz or Tiki Cat if I need to but she's not happy about it. She eats far less than a full portion with those textures. This could also explain why Lydia barely touches the kibble.
She actually has been happily eating the Wysong Epigen 90 :) She had a check up a few months ago and her mouth was "immaculate". The change in food habits occurred immediately after coming home without Jasmine, so I'm inclined to believe the sudden change in only wanting soupy foods was a comfort thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Wysong Epigen 90 is still a hit. She also really likes the Wysong Quail Freeze dried still, but not rehydrated lol.

We tried American Journey cans last night and she actually ate the WHOLE 3 oz can in a matter of hours, vs most other things that it takes her 12 hours to finish. So hopefully she continues to like it as it's an affordable option to add to the rotation! Especially since her other favorites so far are Tiki Cat Mousse, Weruva Slide N Serve, Natures Variety Instinct, and Nutro Soft Loaf Duck.

Her weight has remained consistent so I'm thinking we'll be okay now that we have some options!

Chewy refunded me for all the Friskies cases I had that she wouldn't eat and I just dropped those off at my local shelter. :)

Last edited: