Most annoying things your cat does

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, most annoying things.... Pixel will drop her ball about 4 feet from me & meow loudly, because she wants me to get up & throw it for her. she will also do this in the middle of the night...

Cable will run in front of me on the way to the kitchen, then collapse right in front of my path... it's amazing i haven't stepped on her more often!

Java has a couple - first, because she's still a kitten [enormous one] she chases the 'toe mice' at night.
also, she absolutely refuses to sit on my lap - i can't figure out why, because when she was sickly she was there all the time, blowing her stinky gas in my face
but now that she's all well, no way!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, my cats have quite a few annoying habits....!

Laura is the most bothersome, she loves to follow *anybody* to the bathroom and when I sit down she'll jump on the tub, walks by my face and rubs all of her fur and her tail onto me*cough*
She also loves to play catch or hide and seek with us...anytime *she* wants to - it's lovely when you come back from the shopping and she swats your ankle or darts at your feet from a dark corner screaming at the top of her lungs!

Plus she is a little runaway who doesn't only want the balcony door as a permanent exit but also the front door and since we don't want her downstairs or in the cellar, we keep that door closed, but she'll put her claws under the crack and then starts rocking the (solid wooden!) door which will wake up everybody!!!!
If we do happen to leave the door open a millimeter, she's gone and dashes downstairs to eat the plants
She and Carter both love the little "we sit behind mummy's heel and wait til she steps on us" game in the kitchen!

Carter is a much more mellow, peaceful cat and except from the open-the-door-close-the-door trick, he "only" kicks his litter *way* out of the box making the hallway a minefield at night
*ouch* and to crown it all he has a way of sticking the litter between his toes, then running all around the place and usually drops it on the couch or the bed sheets, another nightly minefield

What I think is rather funny is his habit of humping the blanket on the sofa, he does it forever and a day!
Eventually he'll just drop dead (or so it seems) and goes to sleep right away, but he once humped a pillow instead and after an hour or so I found myself with a cat sperm-covered pillow-case!
Yes, i did manage to clean it, but it was a messy job in the sink...

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Oz chews cardboard. After we moved into our new apartment, we flattened the cardboard boxes and put them under our bed, because you never know when you might need a decently-sized cardboard box. Next thing we knew, Oz was chewing the edges of the cardboard, gnawing away delicately and leaving tiny pieces of chewed-up brown mush, and rendering the cardboard boxes too full of holes to be useful! When we eventually dragged the boxes out from under the bed, there was a neat little outline of the boxes, done in pieces of mushy cardboard. He doesn't actually eat the boxes, just chews and spits the pieces out again. Silly boy.

Spike ... Ahhh, Spike. My brain-damaged cat. He has a lot of annoying habits, to be perfectly honest. It's a good thing he's cute! (And incredibly affectionate. And astonishingly laidback.) His most annoying habit? He forgets where he's left us. He could spend the entire afternoon in the living room with me, cuddling and snuggling, but if he leaves the room, he forgets where I was and wanders the apartment crying for me. This used to be worse, when we lived in a large house with another couple--it was a lot easier to "lose" me there. Now, we're in a one-bedroom apartment, so fortunately there's only so many places for him to look before he finds me again. (Not that this stops him from losing me in the first place ...) Of course, I only encourage this behaviour, because when he loses me and starts crying, I naturally call out to him so that he can "find" me, and this just reinforces the behaviour. But it's sooo hard not to respond, because he sounds so pathetic!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sash certainly tests my patience when he wakes me up every two hours all night.
It's not bad that I get up once for him and give him a few kibbles, he must do it a second and third time too! He's such a little stinker, but I worry like crazy if for some reason he doesn't wake me up.

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, every time I take the water bowl to the kichen to re-fill it, they act like they're going to die of dehydration if I don't sit it back down immediately. It takes probably 20 steps to get back to the living room with the bowl (which is maybe 10 feet away), because I have to avoid stepping on cats. It's like they're *dying* to be stepped on. They do the same thing with canned food, except that they also try to climb up my pant legs.

They also try to get at anything that I'm eating. Even if I give them canned food first, they'll ignore it and try to get at whatever is on my plate.

And they can't lie anywhere (when I'm reading, anyways), than between my eyes and the page. Neither of them likes to sleep on top of me, but if I'm in bed with a book, my chest becomes a very popular place. Doubly not good since I'm on a new hormone medication, and I'm *sore*.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
It annoys me when Sleeves gives mark more cuddles than he gives me
and how he thinks he's invinsible and wont hurt himself if he climbs up onto something really high up and unstable, which will fall over, with him hanging onto it. Also annoying is a bum in the face at 5am when he's getting comfy on my chest. If he turns around and gives me kisses then it's the best thing in the world but not when I get the bum...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tosca really stretches our patience to new levels by actively seeking out things to destroy - and doing it in the middle of the night. I don't sleep these days........