Mort is in her final stages of CRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

You all have been a great support system for me, Thank you so very much!

Mort is still fighting like a champ. She is eating, and we are still giving her sub-q's. She is really getting thin even though she is eating. Last night she tried to bring us one of her stuffed toys. She was always bringing us her little stuffed toys. Sometimes she would bring us several of her toys to bed and drop them on us! What a sweet little girl she is.

Kim
Awww, this must be breaking your heart. That is so cute. She does sound so very sweet, it's obvious she wants to stay. But when the time comes, when she does hurt, and you have to bring her in....I think she will feel differently about it, and will be glad to get away from the pain- But right now, please enjoy these moments with her, your precious baby Mort. I'm sure she appreciates it. You are such a great Meowmy to her, I'm so sorry you have & Mort have to go through this. My thoughts are with you, much strength & comfort to you and your Mort.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep Mort in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to both of you at this difficult time your facing.

mrsboz99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are sending lots of prayers and positive vibes! I can only imagine what you are going through
So glad that Mort has such wonderful caring people taking care of her throughout her ordeal...she is lucky to have you!

-Tara
(and Cali, Bonk & Kasumi)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing such a great job of helping her have good quality of life as long as possible. I hope it continues for a while yet and gives you great memories.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your wonderful replies! This forum is a God send to me!

Mort is still getting thinner. We are keeping her sub-q's going and feeding her fancy feast when ever she wants it. She seems to want to eat only that. She has been sleeping real close to me at night, and is always with me when I am not at work. I have alot of time to spend with her right now, which is great! Even though she gets poked with needles, and has all these special treatments, I know that she understands. Bless her heart!

I will keep her going till she tells me she can't do it anymore.

I'll keep updating on her condition!

Bless all of you for your replies,

Kim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mort is still hanging in there. She is eating her fancy feast, and we just got her a new bag of sub-q. She is really thin and frail. She still jumps on my keyboard when she wants attention. The vet told us that he was surprised we have extended her time with us for this long. She is a fighter. I am just happy to wake up, and know she made another day with us.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that this is very difficult for you.
Mort is a real fighter. She does not want to leave you.

kbak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your a good kitty mom!! So sorry for the pain you must be going through.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear your having to go through with this. I now what your feeling. I also had to do this with my Siamese Tasha she was 18. We kept her going this way for only a short time .She went down hill so fast. Sending hugs and understanding your way.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Mort is still hanging in there. She is eating her fancy feast, and we just got her a new bag of sub-q. She is really thin and frail. She still jumps on my keyboard when she wants attention. The vet told us that he was surprised we have extended her time with us for this long. She is a fighter. I am just happy to wake up, and know she made another day with us.
Just sending you hugs, we are going through similar with Patrick, though it's not end stage crf yet. So..hugs to you and skritches to Mort. I admire so the spirit of our kitties, who really do let us know when they've had enough, and in the meantime, seem to appreciate all the moments that remain, with us.

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know the kind of emotions you've been going through for some time, now, with Mort's illness. She is a very brave kitty, and you are also very brave. I'm praying for both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.