Morning hair ball vomit

vneidell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, my 14.5 year old cat has been having issues the last couple of years. She started vomiting two years ago, and I took her to the vet, and it was her thyroid. She has been pretty good until this summer, and then she started vomiting a lot again. We have changed up her current dosage, and it has helped, but the last week, she has started to vomit again, but this is different. It is usually first thing in the morning, and it always includes a large hair ball. Before, she was just getting sick whenever. And there wasn't usually food it in.

I have ordered some hair ball treatment, but I think this appears to be a bit much. Every morning? Has anyone seen this before?

Otherwise, she is pretty happy and her normal self.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you know if she was passing hair in her poop before and maybe not as much now? Is she throwing up shortly after eating in the morning, since you said she is vomiting food as well? Is she pooping normally, and with the same amount and frequency?

It almost sounds like a motility issue, but that is something to discuss with the vet. I am really just asking questions in case it helps in your discussions with the vet.