More vibes for Peter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just coming to this now, Eileen. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you hoped for, but glad you've caught the problem while it's manageable.
to both you and that brave boy, Peter.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I'm so glad you've found out whats wrong. I'm sorry there is anything wrong with Peter at all but like you say it is treatable and has been diagnosed early, and with a meowmy like you and such beautiful sisters I'm sure he will live a long and happy life.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you and Peter have to deal with this. Great that you picked it up early, though!

I have heard that fostering is stressful for the resident cats. Does Peter seem rattled by your fosters? Sometimes I think that if you have been fostering for years, the cats aren't so stressed...they get used to cats coming and going. My foster Sugartoes was stressful on Garfield...especially when we added Jasmine and her sister, then another preggo Mom in the kitty room. And giving up Jasmine's sister Blue was stressful for Festus, because she really missed "her" kitten.

Prayers for the handsome Peter, that he does fine with the meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I'm so sorry you and Peter have to deal with this. Great that you picked it up early, though!

I have heard that fostering is stressful for the resident cats. Does Peter seem rattled by your fosters? Sometimes I think that if you have been fostering for years, the cats aren't so stressed...they get used to cats coming and going. My foster Sugartoes was stressful on Garfield...especially when we added Jasmine and her sister, then another preggo Mom in the kitty room. And giving up Jasmine's sister Blue was stressful for Festus, because she really missed "her" kitten.

Prayers for the handsome Peter, that he does fine with the meds.
''

Awww, thanks. I'm pretty optimistic!

The couple of times I've fostered, Peter's been fine. He seemed to really enjoy having the younger cats, closer to his own age, around. I haven't fostered since I adopted Claire and probably won't unless it's an emergency situation just because with four of my own cats, I'm out of space.