More Than One Cat With Diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

worriedsomuch

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Thank-you for replying. I'm sorry for another "freak out" on this board. Also, I'm so sorry to anyone who lost a cat to FIP and if I came off as offensive. I've just been so stressed with everything. I really tried to get into the holidays this year with everything happening but couldn't. I'm just too upset.

I did talk to the vet again yesterday about everything. He said she could have had a slight fever but it was certainly nothing that alarmed him and something he finds commonly in cats with inflamed insides. I also discussed the fact she could be constipated. He said if she doesn't go for a couple days, it's not a huge deal. He said some cats don't even go every day and it doesn't mean they aren't healthy. I have been noticing that sometimes mine only go every other day, although sometimes they are very regular. I'm still not 100% sure if Adele went yet. The same thing happened as Tuesday, I put them in to cook, someone went, and I'm not sure who. There was nothing there this morning. However, now my dear Delilah is going soft again. Well she was fine until this morning. I don't know if this is pure coincidence and she just over ate. She was stealing the other cats' food yesterday, I caught her so hopefully this isn't going to continue. The thing that worried me was her poop was very smelly and actually orangy in color. Of course, being the glutton for punishment I am, I googled it instead of calling the vet, and it said this could be a sign of too much bile. Does this mean she has a liver issue going on? What could make a poop orange? Usually when my cats are good, they go a deep brown color or lighter. To be honest, it scared me again. I hated leaving them. It's come to the point where all I do is worry about their health. It's one thing after another, unfortunately. Delilah has been having frequent asthma flares too, especially when she purrs.  Then Grace has been doing some quirky things that have me on edge too.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No one finds your posts offensive, even people who have lost cats to FIP.  For myself anyway, I am concerned about you.  I know kitties can become seriously ill and have conditions that are lifelong, I have one, and it is a trying time.  What you are doing with always going to the worst possible scenario is contributing to extreme anxiety.  I think you are beginning to see your kitties as a source of anxiety rather than a source of joy and companionship.  I know with my kitty that has a chronic issue I am more watchful of his behaviors and quicker to take him to a vet but I still enjoy him.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Please call instead of researching online. It makes everything harder, for you and for us." He told me that "if this was FIP, she'd be so seriously ill now or dead." Yet I've heard some cats last as much as a year with the dry form. Honestly I agree with the vet that I should have never researched. I never even heard of FIP until 5 months ago and ignorance was sure bliss.
Hun, :hugs: :hugs: :alright: :hugs: I am in complete agreement with what you vet told you above. I DO understand the desire, need and drive to do our own research on the internet and on boards BUT just know what you read and find out may cause you much, much more undue stress and anxiety. I know for a fact, because I have done it on many occasion. I drove myself crazy for years over my baby boy Wilbur :heart3:. None of what I ever read and worried over came true either.

You have not brought in any new cats, right?? So they have not been exposed to the virus recently, right?! I honestly think that IF they had FIP you would have been seeing signs early than this AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, they ALL would not be getting these diarrhea episodes at and around the same time. Surely, this must be either the Christmas decorations or something else they got into, a mild virus or diet.

Did the vet give you the metro? If not, again, ask him about it. What about the W/D? Did you ask about adding that into their diet right now until things clear. These are two things I would be doing and have done in the past when my cats have had these bouts. AND YES..... :lol3: you are not alone in the diarrhea department. It does happen and they will recover. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: