More help for my genetics lab

andria313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the white one does have light grey lynx points, but that's not like any siamese I've ever seen. Would birth order give any clues? They were all born at the same time, and the odd little siamese one was born in the middle. Does this rule out the two-dad theory? (which is the one that makes the most sense)

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andria313

Thanks... the cream one looks quite siamese. But I can't figure out the white one. Are there white siamese? None of mom's litter mates were white, or her mother. Could dad be a siamese/himalayan mix of some sort, and have passed siamese traits to one and himalayan traits to the others? Or two dads? Even the body types are different... the cream one is longer and slender, while the other two are fat, round, and poofy. So strange, but I think they're the prettiest kitties I've ever seen!
Siamese cats are born white. what you're describing sounds like a lynx point siamese mix (some siamese have lynx points).

andria313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I didn't know that! She just looks so different from the other pointed one. You could tell at birth that one was cream and one was white. Plus the white one has a longer silky coat, while the cream one's fur is short, coarse, and fuzzy. Will she not stay white? Genetics are so fascinating! Thanks!!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andria313

Oh, I didn't know that! She just looks so different from the other pointed one. You could tell at birth that one was cream and one was white. Plus the white one has a longer silky coat, while the cream one's fur is short, coarse, and fuzzy. Will she not stay white? Genetics are so fascinating! Thanks!!
She might. the points darken with age, and I believe temperature (not sure, bu I believe I read it here somewhere)

http://www.meezer.com/siambreed3.html

andria313

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the website! Her points do look like the picture of the lilac lynx point, but with darker nose and face. She actually looks a lot more like the picture of the Birman...darker, flatter face, thicker body, silky coat... and all the kitties have white boots. How pretty!

katgrl81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys..this is an interesting thread..I really enjoyed seeing the pics of the mom cats and their kittens..so diverse and adorable..
Becki..I couldn't help but to fall in love with the pics of your cat and her kittens especially since she resembles my Patty who I believe to be pregnant. Is it possible for a cat's litter to have 2 dads? I'm so sorry for going a bit off topic but have been wondering for a few days..Take Care all and good luck on your lab Sandtigress

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me determine the father/s of my cats litter of 8.

This is Shenzi, she came to us as a very pregnant stray. I would call her hair 'medium' in length (longer on the tail):

She gave birth to:

2 males, long hair, orange tabbie (they are very similar, so I'll only post one pic)

2 males, short hair, black and white tuxedo (they are very similar, so I will only post one pic)

1 female, short hair, tortie (same coloring as mother)

1 female, long hair, black

1 male, short hair, dark tabby (black and gray):

and one female, long hair, I am thinking diluted tortie because while she is predominately grey tipped, with white underneath...she does have some cream/peach on her back and paw. She also has a white 'bib'. She has black stripes on her tail (like a raccoon, sort of) , but that is the only place she shows any striping. She is the one who changed the most since birth...she started out dark and then her hair just kept getting lighter and lighter. She doesn't even look like she belongs with this group, LOL. Here is a picture of her:

Most recently:

I would love to know what possible father/s sired them...

anyone have any ideas?