More Good News For Us Green Tea Drinkers!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

I drink green tea all day at work. Maybe it takes time for some to get used to the taste, but I love it.

BTW, does anyone else here drink yerba mate?
I do! Ive been looking for a gourd to drink out of - but in the meantime, I have been using a normal coffee mug.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I do! I have some lovely loose leaf mate right now...you can smell the cocoa really well. I love it.
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I do! Ive been looking for a gourd to drink out of - but in the meantime, I have been using a normal coffee mug.
Mate is soo good, I drink it every morning instead of coffee.
I love the buzz without the coffee nausea it gives you.

I drink it out of a normal tea mug too, though I've been thinking of buying a gourd next time I'm in Helsinki.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love green tea! I doubt the supposed benefits, though... I'm sure it has some, but I'd like to see the studies done that the OP's article mentions. Not that I care that much... I still drink it!

That said, it's a totally different taste than regular tea. It tastes earthy, but in a good way... but it does take some getting used to. Most lovers drink it hot without sweeteners, but plenty of people buy the prepackaged stuff that is flavored with different things and drunk cold.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love green tea with lemon, but the problem is that it makes me really hungry after drinking it

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

Mate is soo good, I drink it every morning instead of coffee.
I love the buzz without the coffee nausea it gives you.

I drink it out of a normal tea mug too, though I've been thinking of buying a gourd next time I'm in Helsinki.
What do you use to infuse the tea? I used to leave it in the gourd when I was in the states but here, I just use my coffee plunger and infuse it in there. I don't know why I got lazy.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

What do you use to infuse the tea? I used to leave it in the gourd when I was in the states but here, I just use my coffee plunger and infuse it in there. I don't know why I got lazy.
I use a regular tea strainer, it works just fine for me. A gourd would be more orthodox of course.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Green is best hot, with honey. Definitely add honey the first time you try it. It's a completely different taste than the black tea you're used to, especially if you drink a lot of sweet tea.
Well I am drinking a cup of hot green tea this morning, and it is really good, I used sugar instead of honey, and I didn't add cream like I usually do.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much of this green tea are we supposed to drink every day if we want to see the benifits that were listed?