Moral Conundrum

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd wait a bit and then contact Social Services about the baby girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eremite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If the guy already told you that you could keep the Cat then talk to him while he's not drunk. Just mention that you've thought about what he said and you'd be happy to take the Cat since he spends a lot of time with you anyway.

You may find that once you have a Cat as a permanent resident that you'll want to take less vacations and that will save you money in the long run, even with vet bills. So win/win/win I'd say.
Thank you so much Talien, you are right. His drinking and demeanour intimidate me. The vacations will be a challenge because I have an elderly parent whom I visit for three weeks a year but I am investigating pet lodging options. You make good points.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eremite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to say a BIG thank you for your warm welcome and wisdom, what a lovely community you have here!
I want to share some funnies I've found online about this situation so we can all have a laugh :flail::redtongue::biggrin: the "you gotta slave up" advice and the "anonymised" tabby photo are priceless !

Attachments

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much Talien, you are right. His drinking and demeanour intimidate me. The vacations will be a challenge because I have an elderly parent whom I visit for three weeks a year but I am investigating pet lodging options. You make good points.
How long of a drive is it? If it isn't much more than a couple hours you could take him along once and see how it goes, if he's ok with the trip and settles in to the other house well then you won't need to find someone to watch him for you.