Moogle in trouble!

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I very sorry Moogle is gone. You did a great job with him. Rest in peace, sweet Moogle, you are loved and remembered here on earth.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting at work teary eyed, too. They say that if you share your grief, it helps lighten your load. There are a lot of us across this world shedding tears with you. I hope our thoughts and prayers bring you comfort.

Hugs to you at this difficult time. What a big loss it is! Little tiny Moogle is now at peace.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about Moogle. Thinking of you and this sweet baby and sending lots of hugs your way. Thank you for all the love and care you gave to Moogle. RIP precious one.

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry he is gone. This is the first thing I checked when I woke up today. You did everything you possibly could. You are truly Mama to Moogle and Minna. I am crying now, but I am thankful that there are wonderful people like you in the world. You have that special love for kittens and cats is so needed.

Rest in Peace sweet babies.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Darla S

I am so sorry. I checked this morning first thing to see if he was better, and when I saw it moved to another site my heart sunk. Like Hissy said you did everything you could. I know I have lost little ones and I always feel that God has to be mean to put me through all that pain, but if Moogle didn't have you he would have been alone. So he had a good mommy for a little while. I think God found the perfect person to give Moogle love before passing. I can't help but cry so I know you are in so much pain. I will pray that each day gets a little easier for you. Bless you. I am so sorry
I need to respond to this post. God is not mean. You know that old saying He will not give you more than you can handle? Sometimes, when we stop believing in ourselves, in our abilities, in the gifts He has given us to share, He sends us a wake-up call. A tiny little kitten, a small beating heart that fits in the palm of our hand. He asks us- "Are you up to the challenge? Can you forget your desires, your wants? Can you put your life on hold for this tiny being I have sent to you? Are you brave enough to try?"

After the initial panic, the check to see that KMR is still stockpiled in the freezer, the bottles that were stored through last kitten season are pulled out and washed, and a tiny bed of warmth has been created for this kitten, our life stops all normalcy.

We stay up all hours, feeding, stimulating, cuddling, cooing, praying, worrying, and watching. We wash endless bedding, stuff socks with Minute Rice, drink gallons of strong coffee and pray that the planets are lined up, Karma is smiling and this little life will continue.

Sometimes, in the middle of it all, the life winks out. You are left crying, crushed, wondering what you did wrong, what could you do right, differently that would have mattered.?

But what matters has already been learned. The mistakes made, the right choices made, the time spent with the kitten, the time sharing of this tiny bit of love. It may be stored in a numb brain, but when the time is right, it will surface, and you will share it, either with another fragile life new on the planet, or with someone who has found an orphaned kitten and wonders what to do.

No, God is not mean, we just have to realize that the lessons He teaches are sometimes so deep that in order to learn them, we have to travel through pain.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew as soon as I logged in and saw the thread had moved... What a shame, I am so sorry. May you have the strength to handle this and come throught he other side. And as said, nothing happens without a reason - maybe this was to give you the knowledge and strength to help another orphan in the future, when you feel able to do so.

zabby27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so so so sorry.... His journey here was brief and it really meant something - I'm sure many kittens would've craved the kind of love and support baby Moogle recieved during his time here. It was his time to rest. I lost my mommy cat a week ago and kept her baby here. So maybe now Toots can take care of Moogle and be the mommy she never got a chance to be.

You're in my thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't begin to say how much all your kind words have meant to me. It really helps that so many people cared about these wee ones.

We buried Moogle this morning next to his sister Minna and our cat that passed away last November. Sweetpea was 20 when she died but a darling soul till the end. I'm sure she will watch out for the little ones on the bridge.

If this experience has taught me anything it's that I'm truly a cat person, and that as long as I live without one something will be badly missing in my life. Till these little ones came along it had been about 5 years since a cat has owned me. That's way too long.

My roomates are continuing with their plans to adopt a female russian blue 2yr old. We would have had her for a week already, but we noticed she had ringworm. After we pointed it out they wanted to keep her an additional 2 weeks to treat it.

I myself will be looking to adopt a kitten soon. Maybe I'll get really lucky and find a bottle baby that thrived past weaning time. Then I can spoil him rotten.

I will never forget Moogle and Minna. They were both special and unique. I wish they'd had a better shot. They will both be sorely missed.

tobysis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sooo sorry. Times like this it seems our best is just not enough. I have lost furkids and at the time swore to myself never again. But, I am a sucker for fur and claws.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh...my heart has also fallen down with this news of little Moogles passing.
Thank you so much for all you have done for him...especially for the love that you showered him with...and for your tears you are showering now that he is gone.
Bless your heart...and his! You both have touched MANY peoples hearts.
I`m praying that you will find God`s peace even though I know that your heart is breaking.
Linda

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been following and praying for a good outcome with Moogle..I am sorry for your loss, but you did everything you could to help this poor little angle..
RIP Moogle..

queenofegypt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP, Moogle and Minna.
Somehow I had completely missed these babies' struggles over the past couple of weeks and I am so sorry, I know I couldn't have done anything but I could have been hoping and praying with you all. As soon as I saw this posted here I went straight back and read the whole way thru--and Mercy, when I read your simple post saying "He is gone" I just started to cry. You tried so so hard to save these little ones!! Your fight for little Moogle's life was nothing short of heroic--I don't know of many people who would have fought so long and so hard and with so much love. You are truly an angel of mercy. Moogle's stay here on earth was very short but how filled with love!! Mercy, thank you for being a wonderful, wonderful person and an incredible mommy to this little darling--God knew what He was doing when He gave this little one to you to comfort and care for. Moogle and his little sister are free now, and well and happy and together--and thanks to you, Mercy, they will always be loved. You have a marvelous capacity for love...thank you for loving these sweet babies.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you for all you did for this precious baby. You are Moogle's hero and he knows just how much you love him! Baby Moogle now dwells among the angels, and you will one day be reunited. I pray God will give you peace in your shattered heart and strength to pull you through this painful time.

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh mercy
I'm so sorry that you lost sweet Moogle... I went through much of the same thing with my baby kitten. I was more cold though, until it came to the last few hours... my kitty did not have a name until she passed and then she became Cherub, I was so afraid I would get attached that I tried not to and did anyway. Try to be glad that Moogle was so loved and Knew that you truly cared. I will always regret not growing closer to the poor baby I lost, and showing her more love.
She might have fared much better if I had. I truly cared for you and Moogle, without meeting you and prayed every time I read your posts. I am at least glad that you will never live with the guilt of wondering if your kitten knew it was loved. That was so obvious. You are a wonderful surrogate mother and I hope you can heal from this and someday love another kitten as you did little Moogle... It is a difficult process, but you have so many here who care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MommaLori

Oh mercy
I'm so sorry that you lost sweet Moogle... I went through much of the same thing with my baby kitten. I was more cold though, until it came to the last few hours... my kitty did not have a name until she passed and then she became Cherub, I was so afraid I would get attached that I tried not to and did anyway. Try to be glad that Moogle was so loved and Knew that you truly cared. I will always regret not growing closer to the poor baby I lost, and showing her more love.
She might have fared much better if I had. I truly cared for you and Moogle, without meeting you and prayed every time I read your posts. I am at least glad that you will never live with the guilt of wondering if your kitten knew it was loved. That was so obvious. You are a wonderful surrogate mother and I hope you can heal from this and someday love another kitten as you did little Moogle... It is a difficult process, but you have so many here who care.
I've dealt with a few ferals and their kittens before. Mostly I've had good luck. At least more good than bad. Still, I knew the risks, and how unwise it was to get so attached so quicky. I "Knew better" but it happened anyway. I guess I got carried away after my long dry spell.

I doubt your wee kitty would have done better with a name. I think cats keep their REAL names secret from humankind anyway. They sense our concern and love through the tone of our voices, a quality in our touch. She knew she was loved. There is no need for guilt. Like Shakespear wrote, "What's in a name."

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very very sorry for your loss and I am sorry, but words escape me right now. All I can do is shed a tear with you and light a candle to guide him home to Sweetpea & Minna

RIP sweet brave Moogle - you are in no pain now sweetheart

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just glad that Moogle had someone who cared so much and made such a difference before he passed.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Moogle! I'd been reading about him and praying that he'd make it. Poor wee precious baby. Bless your good heart for trying and doing all that you clould for him. The world is a better place because of cat lovers like you.