Monty comes in the morning!!!

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been told that the sphynx does have a bit of a sensitive tummy and if you dont feed them just the right formula..you end up with a stinky mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I found the Bene-bac at Petsmart and I will give it to all of the cats after supper. I also put out a sample of Healthwise chicken and rice dry food before I went out. It is almost all gone!! The back of the package says it's by Natura Pet Products. It seems to be a hit!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

I also put out a sample of Healthwise chicken and rice dry food before I went out. It is almost all gone!! The back of the package says it's by Natura Pet Products. It seems to be a hit!!
that is great!

Canned pumpkin, the type without spices can be used to firm up stools too due to the high fiber content. 1/8 tbs with meals.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know about the pumpkin, used to use it on our Pugs, but I've never given it to cats...never had this poopy problem...only minor issues with it, like once or twice, but not this. Anyway, anything has to be better than it has been...I think too, Monty eats so much so fast and that is sure to cause some issues.

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

I know about the pumpkin, used to use it on our Pugs, but I've never given it to cats...never had this poopy problem...only minor issues with it, like once or twice, but not this. Anyway, anything has to be better than it has been...I think too, Monty eats so much so fast and that is sure to cause some issues.
I wondered if this was fat boys issue
He literally dives in and gulps and chomps. I swear he acts as though no more meals are coming his way. I would think that has to cause more air to be ingested and some bloating to occur. I may try mixing just a bit of canned pumpkin into his food. I always have it around, it is a favorite of the ratkids!

The Petsmart here no longer carries Bene-bac..grrrrr

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I have administered the bene-bac and we're hoping for the best LOL. I am sure that with the next dose in a couple days will help alot. Also, he is on the new food too which doesn't have nearly the junk Science Diet does. I went to the kitty store to get some more today and the clerk told me it's made by Evo as well so that sits quite well with me.

On a less smelly note, Monty is doing exceptionally well here and he is showing his love for us without hesitation. I just love how cuddly he is and how he interacts with the other cats. It's so awesome to see how well he's been accepted.