Month old kittens with diarrhea

rhubarb.purrs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya!
We had a stray that had three kittens, but she ran out milk so we’ve been taking care of them for the past three weeks. They started out just fine on the formula, but recently have had persistent diarrhea. As of now they are on the nutri-vet formula, we’ve just bought some PetLac to potentially switch them over to. None of them act terribly sick. We’ve started replacing the water in their formula to unflavored Pedialyte, as well as some Meyenburg powdered goats milk, we’ve also stirred in some fresh egg yolks in a few feedings. Their poo isn‘t solid, it’s very runny and is a yellowish brown color, and it seems like nothing is helping their sick little tummies to get better. Does anyone know anything about adding a small amount of colloidal silver to their formula? I’m willing to try anything at this point. The babies names are Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere.
Thank you all!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I've not read about giving kittens CS on the forums before, so maybe not.

Both my sources are suggesting the things you're doing. I don't know about the nutri-vet as a brand to use, from what I'm reading on the forums here the Pet-Lac is better.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute names! You might need to get them an antibiotic. A vet check might be in order. They are at the age where they don't get the immunity from their mother's milk anymore. You can add a small amount of plain canned pumpkin to their formula. There's also a product by PetAg called Pet Pectillin that has pectin and kaolin. Some vets will recommend tiny drop of Immodium but it is important to be alert for constipation.