Monsieur Le Claude

rufus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Monsieur le Claude: a domestic-longhair of unknown parentage (semi-feral mother, completely feral father) - he was born underneath a caravan in the Autumn.

I rescued him from a litter of kittens that were going to be drowned. For the last two years we have been living full-time in my minibus in a six acre forest in West Wales (we are travellers). Monsieur loves to hunt and spends around 90% of his time outdoors, he comes in every evening to be fed and roll on his back for belly-rubs. He can switch from being a savage hunter to a floofy purr machine!

We are bonded companions for life and I have never seen any animal display obvious signs of being so comfortable and overjoyed in their natural habitat as Monsieur le Claude is in the forest. I wanted to share his majesty with everyone. He is my treasure. My everything.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monsieur Le Claude is nearly two years old but has only just reached his full-size of 15lbs !!
his ear-tufts and neck-ruff suggest Maine-coon or Forest-Cat genes. Opinions on this please?
rufus rufus - These photos are a little too small to reveal his facial shape clearly, but I think it's quite possible. Maine Coons typically mature [i.e. cease growing] between four and five years; Norwegian Forest Cats typically take just a bit longer. My Bob continued growing right through the end of his fifth full year, finishing out just a fraction over 112 cm and 16 kg.

NFCs have a distinctive triangular facial shape; Maine Coons are generally characterised by broad muzzles and a prominent [vertical and slightly forward-facing] ear set, and Siberians are round-faced, and the longest-haired of the three natural [landrace] "Big Breeds." Have a look through this thread, if you like (you'll find images there of all three of the Big Breeds), and post some photos of the gorgeous M. Claude if you can manage - doubtless all the fluffy cat lovers would enjoy seeing more of him:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

He'd also fit very well into this thread:

Show me your fluffy cats!

The typical Norwegian Forest Cat facial conformation complete with the typical Norwegian Forest Cat glower:

bobclose.jpg