Mons

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you did your best for him, & he knew the best possible home for his brief time here. sending & for you & your mom, plus a
for Mons

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you lost Mons.
FIP is such an awful illness. Big
to you for doing the right thing for him, no matter how difficult. He knew you loved him, though, and that you did your best to make his short life as happy as possible.

R.I.P Mons

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You absolutely made the right choice at the right time. Don't ever question it.

I tried everything when Cinder was sick. This was years ago and they were even less knowledgable about FIP than now. He was not quite a year old. I took him to two different clinics and was waiting on tests when he passed away. That morning he was breathing funny also and was very unsteady on his feet. You keep waiting thinking that once they know what it is you can do something.

I checked on him at noon and then came home early from work to find him dead. I'm sure he suffocated and suffered before he died. This is what would have happed to Mons if you hadn't helped him. There really is no happy ending where FIP is concerned, only the kindness to see that they do not suffer. RIP Mons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you

I felt so bad about when they put the IV in Mons. He was trying to shake it off his leg. It almost made us forget about his difficult breathing back home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I picked up his ashes today after work. It was the weirdest feeling ever knowing that Mons was inside that box.

Coincidentally, my uncle called us tonight saying that someone dumped two families of kittens and their mothers around closing time in front of their doors. We came as soon as we could once he called us, and we ended up taking one of the babies home. (see 'dumped kittens' thread in kitten section for more infor)

I told mom it was the best way to honor Mons, especially the way the kitties were just dumped like that.