Monochrome in NYC

__caitlin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone :) I’ve been posting here for a bit already regarding my boy, Max, and his IBD/suspected lymphoma. It has been really heartbreaking - and this community has been so incredibly supportive that I thought I’d take some time to introduce them here & discuss something happy for once!

These are my babies, Cephas, the grey tortoiseshell, and her brother Max, a tuxedo cat. We raised them from 4 weeks old (alongside their sister, Esther, who unfortunately passed away from CKD some years ago).

Cephas is the psychic one who I swear understands English. At least, it would make a lot of her behavior make way more sense.
  • She is introverted, reserved, but fluffy and cuddly and loves to spend quiet time with her family.
  • Two of her favorite things are Floss Time — she likes to play with the floss when I brush my teeth
  • and bedtime snuggles, where she snuggles with me under the blanket. They've done this since they were kittens and it is still their safe space.
  • When she was a baby she used to suckle on my lips even after drinking from her bottle.

Max is a 2-month old puppy trapped in the body of a 13-year-old tuxedo cat. He never really grew out of the baby stage!
  • He is extremely extroverted — loves new people, loves when guests sleep over, loves playing, and wants to be near either us or his sister when he’s scared or doesn’t know what to do.
  • He wags his tail when happy and wakes me up by licking my face and drooling on me.
  • He also loves snuggles more than anything and often sleeps like a dead person.
  • Since he’s been so sick with the IBD, I’ve been awake almost 24/7 feeding him every 3-4 hours and monitoring all his symptoms scrupulously. I feel like I’ve dealt with a lot of feline health problems, but this is my first time with something this complex and mysterious.
  • Every day I make sure to snuggle Max and gently rub his tummy while we listen to David Teie’s music for cats. I want to keep him purring as much as possible.
Anyway, thank you all so much for your support. I’ve really hit a wall with this IBD thing — the vets talk to me like Max is a number on a piece of paper. They’re not there every day with him, invested in his recovery, loving him and hurting for him. It’s really made a difference to talk to people who understand. 🖤

Attachments

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
Caitlin, Cephas and Max, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
40c928a6580f30ff3a9e28234e3abab4.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry hear that Max is going through some health issues. Max,
IMG_5783.JPG

And we are also sorry to hear about Esther :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to her here in crossing-the-bridge.19

Max and Cephas are beautiful :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of them and we have special thread here just for them in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and tuxedo-cats.281802 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.
Also there is a Picture of The Month Competition going on here in picture-of-the-month-competition-november-2021-cats-inspecting-things.437063 and if you have a photo of your cats that fits the description, do join in the fun.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A big, warm welcome to you, Cephas, Max, and to Esther, who joins us in spirit!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Cephas and Max sound like sweetie pies. :catlove:

Sorry about Max's health issues. Sending healing vibes your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: