Monkey Wants In!

ACatNamedMonkey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday my partner and I spotted a cat we didn't recognize in our back yard. We live in a rural area and cats sometimes get left and I can't always approach the cat. Since we have other cats, we had some kibble on hand so I grabbed a handful and approached the cat. At first he lay really low and then slunk passed me into the field but he didn't get very far, he was only a couple of inches in. He talked at me but I managed to get him eat a handful of kibble and by the looks of him he needed it.
He was starving and ate all the kibble and after he was done he let me pick him up. I carried him to the front porch and my partner brought him out some wet food and more kibble and we got him a bowl of water.
He is noticeably thin, he has a lump on his left ear that looks like an infected bite and his eyes have some yellowish discharge.
So after his meal he stuck around by the overhang attached to an old shed.
I set up his water and bowl of kibble by the overhang and then I took an x large plastic dog crate and put some dog pillows in it. Before he disappeared last night he sprayed in the crate so I assumed that he would be back.
I was a little relieved when he finally showed up late this afternoon, so I spent an hour with him.
He wants inside and is eyeing the door but obviously I can't because he might have FIV, that eye infection is worrisome, he's letting me clean up his ear but I've got other cats, and a dog that he apparently doesn't like.
This is the second time a cat has adopted me, five years ago I was walking my dog and a slightly malnourished tabby kitten came out of a field, and decided that I was going to take her home.
I'd take Monkey to the humane society but the last time time I found a stray there was a waiting list and so I don't think his survival would be good.
Until I can get him to a vet he's going to be an outdoor cat, and ideally I would want him inside before winter starts.. I just don't have the funds for the vet bills he might have.