Money Saving Tips

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not trying to offend you, but sounds gross to me. Imagine someone finding them under your sink. I don't think I would ever have used them, but I respect your choice. So how do these things stay in place?
Hmm, if a guest looks in the cabinet under the sink, they deserve to find whatever they find! :lol3: But it has a lid anyway, in case someone is innocently looking for toilet paper. And if guests open containers in cabinets under someone else's sink, they really deserve whatever they get, lol. And there are wings with snaps to hold them on. They're better than what people had before. My grandma will tell you how they did it back when she was a girl ;).

Now this is odd, but my mom just told me that she's been buying milk at the gas station, because it's more than a dollar per gallon cheaper than at Walmart or the grocery store :dk:. Usually gas stations charge more for stuff so it's kinda weird. But that's a big price difference, worth checking out.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny story (yes, related to saving money).

I normally only have one treat for my cats - canned tuna.  Well, when going through Coupons.com today prior to shopping, there were some good coupons for cat treats.  I decided what the heck and printed a couple.  One was Sheba meat sticks.  At the store, they were on sale for 2 for $3, and my coupon was $2 off of two.  So I get to try them out for a dollar, sure, if it fails it was only a dollar.

I opened one, and Montressor just gobbled up the piece I broke off.  Then, even though he's the submissive one of the bunch, he looked like he was going to challenge Midway, the dominant cat, for his piece.  When Midway decided not to try it, the piece on the floor vanished, courtesy of Montressor.  Then he followed me around for 10 minutes, acting like a dog that's begging for table scraps.

When my husband got home, I opened another stick package up to show him the reaction.  I held the treat in the air and for a moment, I thought I was going to get Montressor to jump for it.  My husband thought the same thing.  But at the last second he remembered that a) he's a cat and cats don't do that, and b) he's 16 and 16 year old cats really don't do that.  But when I brought my hand down, he snatched it up and kept begging for more.

I have never seen a cat beg like a dog before.  The cats circle me like furry sharks when I open a can of tuna, but this was crazy how into it he was.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason, we got some Sheba meat sticks in the mail. My cats loved them, but I felt guilty giving it to them. It would be like me eating beef jerky, which I would never do as I presume it is not good stuff.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought myself a one-litre bottle and refill it every day for work, because I was buying two bottles at the store where I work at 1.08 (with my discount).  That is 2.16 per day X 5 days a week x four weeks in a month,  saves me 43.20 !

When something catches my eye and I am tempted to buy it, I ask myself, do I already have one and how much will it take to get rid of the new and old one.  When I think about not re-using what I have, I am usually able to curb the temptation to spend.  

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So funny story (yes, related to saving money).

I normally only have one treat for my cats - canned tuna.  Well, when going through Coupons.com today prior to shopping, there were some good coupons for cat treats.  I decided what the heck and printed a couple.  One was Sheba meat sticks.  At the store, they were on sale for 2 for $3, and my coupon was $2 off of two.  So I get to try them out for a dollar, sure, if it fails it was only a dollar.

I opened one, and Montressor just gobbled up the piece I broke off.  Then, even though he's the submissive one of the bunch, he looked like he was going to challenge Midway, the dominant cat, for his piece.  When Midway decided not to try it, the piece on the floor vanished, courtesy of Montressor.  Then he followed me around for 10 minutes, acting like a dog that's begging for table scraps.

When my husband got home, I opened another stick package up to show him the reaction.  I held the treat in the air and for a moment, I thought I was going to get Montressor to jump for it.  My husband thought the same thing.  But at the last second he remembered that a) he's a cat and cats don't do that, and b) he's 16 and 16 year old cats really don't do that.  But when I brought my hand down, he snatched it up and kept begging for more.

I have never seen a cat beg like a dog before.  The cats circle me like furry sharks when I open a can of tuna, but this was crazy how into it he was.
That's so cute. It reminds me of the commercial where a guy is sitting on his balcony and throwing a treat to a cat. The cat is jumping way up in the air to get the snack.