Monday's Question of the Day

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The heat is on, but I don't have it turned up too high. We have gas baseboard heat, plus we have a woodstove, which I haven't cleaned out yet.

thelifeofzeus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's really getting there, only turned the heater on twice last month. It'll be on a lot more in a couple days. Tis getting really chilli in Vancouver BC. Socks are doing it atm.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We do have the heat on here some days, personally I prefer it nice and cool like 65. I do need to be mindful though ass my spiders need it a bit warmer, I keep their room at 70ish. I do sleep with two or three fans going and the window cracked so our bedroom is at least cooler than the rest of the house.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's been on for a couple of weeks. Once it's on it stays on, and it's set at 24C   - nice and toasty for my shivering Rex.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I keep the cat room at 68, and I noticed the heat has been coming more often to keep it at that temp.  And we've had a fire burning a few times the last month.  I'm a weather wimp, though--it doesn't much of a drop in temps for me to want a fire burning or a heater on.

barbh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like dejolane my apartment is all electric. I can turn the electric baseboard heaters on in individual rooms and so far have only turned the one on in the living room. Have it set low, during the night temp drops down to about 66. During the day depending on how much sun is shining the temps can get up into the 70s, have a big picture window that faces to the south. Heat was turned on in mid October after having a week of nightly lows in the 30s and temp in the apartment had dropped to 64 and was not warming up very much during the day.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like dejolane my apartment is all electric. I can turn the electric baseboard heaters on in individual rooms and so far have only turned the one on in the living room. Have it set low, during the night temp drops down to about 66. During the day depending on how much sun is shining the temps can get up into the 70s, have a big picture window that faces to the south. Heat was turned on in mid October after having a week of nightly lows in the 30s and temp in the apartment had dropped to 64 and was not warming up very much during the day.
We have only 1 base board heater  in the front room to heat the whole apartment ! But it works well.