Paternal: Arthur & Louise - never knew them

Great-grandparents: haven't a clue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very interesting! 

I only knew one of my Great-Grandparents; my Grandfather's Mother, Mary.  She was about 100 when she passed and I was 8 or 9 I believe.  Grandpa and Grandma used to take me with them to visit her sometimes.  My Grandparents were all pretty big on telling family stories; so that helps me.  I also have copies of Obituaries to help with spellings and things like that.  

I forgot to add; my step-grandma was Hipolita.  We weren't close; but I have some fond memories.  There was a language barrier; but she was caring and giving.  Family doesn't always equal blood right?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is embarrassing, but the only name I know for sure was my mum's mother. Her name was Elisabeth but she went by the name Bessie.

The rest of them died a long time before I was born, I don't think I've even seen photo's of them.

:anon:
:yeah: Same here. My maternal grandmother was Elfreda. She usually shortened it to Freda.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Great Grandmother:  Mary Betty, although I'm willing to bet she was actually "Mary Elizabeth," 
Not necessarily, @Mamanyt1953

My mom's name was Betty Lou and it really was Betty, not Elizabeth or Beth or anything like that. I always thought it was rather strange that she was really a Betty and not an Elizabeth. Although Dad always called her Bet and so did a lot of her friends. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Maternal grandmother - Jennie
Paternal grandmother - Marie. She died before I was born.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Not necessarily, @Mamanyt1953

My mom's name was Betty Lou and it really was Betty, not Elizabeth or Beth or anything like that. I always thought it was rather strange that she was really a Betty and not an Elizabeth. Although Dad always called her Bet and so did a lot of her friends. 
I did think of that, but since her daughter was "Elizabeth," I'm thinking that she was named for mama.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am blanking on my great-grandparents' names.. I have the family tree with that info on my other computer.

My grandparents on my mom's side was Mary and Augustine

My grandparents on my dad's side is Concetta (Connie) and Boleslaw (he changed it to Benard when he moved to the US from Poland. Last name changed too)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's mother's name was Christine. She was German.
My dad's mother's name was Cecelia. The Italian side of the family.