Monday's Question of the Day - September 1, 2014

flutenotepoet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I prefer cheesecake or ice cream cake to birthday cake, or just fruit... but I do really like chocolate.  I used to really enjoy making vanilla cupcakes, though!

Happy belated birthday to your husband! :)

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much of a sweet lover, but my choice would be strawberry shortcake or cheesecake.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmm, Cake, how can I choose?  
  My favorite has always been white cake w/ chocolate frosting.

I'm still single, so my mom is sweet & usually will make me a cake or large cupcake. My Birthday was just last month, & I thought an orange cake w/ chocolate frosting would be good, ( the whole orange chocolate combo) & different, so that's what she made me. My parents surprised me, & showed up the night of my birthday w/ it & gifts!

The cake was really good!!  It was a good combo!   Of course I wouldn't hate chocolate, chocolate either!  (although it can be too sweet)  .............  "Hello, my name is Kelly, & I'm a chocoholic."

Least favorite, I have to agree w/ Draco. The store cakes are so generic tasting, & I hate the icing on them.   

OH, I Know, here's a least favorite, FRUIT CAKE!! 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been eating gluten free for almost two years. Because of that I don't do much cake anymore. Before I started eating this diet, I think my favorite was carrot cake.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't celebrate my birthday anymore since DH passed away. We do still celebrate his since the dog has the same birthday as he did (we gave that to her when we got her from the shelter) but I'll play along anyway. I prefer cupcakes to big cake. I like that they are already portioned out. I like chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting or red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. No canned frosting ever. Scratch cake
preferred. Not a fan of box mixes. I haven't had a cake made for me since I was a child. I am 44. If I wanted a cake as an adult, I would have had to make it myself. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. DH did not
bake and DD doesn't either (yet) she has dipped her toes into the baking pool by making cookies from one of the Betty Crocker pouches. 
I'm sorry for your loss.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear Angels mommy and i was.about to say a rich fruit cake with marzipan and hard icing. I think chocolate cake is dull for a birthday.
I'm going to my surprise birthday party on Saturday.
I wonder what I'll get regarding cakes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been eating gluten free for almost two years. Because of that I don't do much cake anymore. Before I started eating this diet, I think my favorite was carrot cake.
My cousin is strictly gluten free.  She has gone out of her way to find a few bakeries that do a really great job on GF cakes and desserts.  They tend to lump everyone's birthday into one and celebrate with those cakes since they drive an hour away just to get to the bakery.  When I'm in town we get rum cakes or canoli cakes from a WONDERFUL Italian pastry shop.  We were able to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday with my family this spring and my Dad bought him a rum cake from that bakery.  It was amazing!!  (Although I did question if kids should be eating rum cake.  My Dad said "well you always did!" 
)