Monday's Question of the Day - October 31, 2016

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes! i always match and fold my socks, straight out of the dryer. all of my socks are white (or varying shades of white, depending on what they've been put through and for how long) crew height. i also try my best to match the upper ribbing part of the socks -- the ribbing has changed over time, as i've bought new socks. i do fold my underwear too -- it's also plain white and cotton.

then there are my outdoors socks, the ones i use when i'm working on the lawn and gardens or trimming down firewood. those will never again achieve 'white', so i simply reserve those for outdoors work. and i usually match them as best i can and fold them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll be honest; I'm surprised so many of you sort and fold socks!  I like my little sock basket technique. It's quick enough to find 2 matching socks.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I'll be honest; I'm surprised so many of you sort and fold socks!  I like my little sock basket technique. It's quick enough to find 2 matching socks.  
For me it's more about how the sock drawer looks than how easy it is to find a matching pair. Imagine if someone broke in and saw I had a messy sock drawer! Oh, the shame!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Geez, am I the only OCD person around here?!! 
 I have always matched socks AND folded them together right out of the dryer. My socks are not all the same, although my husbands are, and I don't want to take the time later to sort through the drawer full to find a matching pair. I guess it's a matter of take the time now or take it later. (good thing you all don't see my shelves of canned goods all lined up and in order!!!)

My socks are matched, folded and colour coded. White on one side of the drawer, black on the other and all the coloured pairs arranged in between. Ask me how many categories of towels I have!

YEP!   I'm with you two. I'm a bit of a neat freak myself.  I do the same as you both! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For me it's more about how the sock drawer looks than how easy it is to find a matching pair. Imagine if someone broke in and saw I had a messy sock drawer! Oh, the shame!

Please don't come here and look in any of my drawers or closets.  Except maybe the pantry.  Sometimes thats beautifully organized.  it just gets messed up so easy. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I match them and then either put one inside the other or tie them :)