Monday's Question of the Day - October 13, 2014

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is your natural wake up time?  What time do you actually have to get up?  What is your natural bedtime and what time do you usually get yourself to bed in the evening?

I have been a night person as long as I can remember.  In 2007 I was laid off from my job.  it didn't take a full week and I was back to my natural cycle of staying up till 2am and waking up at 10-10:30 in the morning.  My Mom and Step-dad always said I belonged on a night shift! 

I'm a stay at home mom now with small children.  After they came my natural wake time has shifted a bit; to more like 8:30 or 9.  My son usually wakes up around 9 and my DD a short time later.  I'm still having a hard time getting myself to bed before 2 though.  Midnight is "early" for me.  I need a few hours to myself after the kiddos are in bed at night (10pm). 

That all being said; I have to get up early tomorrow to get my windshield replaced on my car.  Last Thursday a rock or something hit the windshield and left one of those starburst shaped breaks.  We went out in the rain on Friday and the break spread quite a bit in several directions.  So new window it is.  
  And I'm off to get some sleep!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I actually "slept late" this morning - till 7 a.m.. Whenever I can follow my own inclinations, I go to bed somewhere between 10 and 11 p.m. and wake up before 6 a.m..

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally wake up naturally around 7:30, but the past two days it's been 7:37 on the dot. The earliest I have to wake up for class (and in theory, should consistently be waking up) is 4:45. On days like that I try and get to bed no later than 11, and if I wasn't bogged with work, I would like to go to bed at 9:30 or 10. The past couple weeks I've been up till 11 or 12.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl.  I like to go to bed between 2 and 4 am, and wake up around 10 to noon.  I don't get off work until after 7 am, so I stay up "late" when I work.  Matter of fact, I'm off to bed!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Like his mother and aunt before him, BooBoo has now developed the habit of starting to scream at 4:00 in the morning. While we don't get out of bed before 4:45 (I refuse to give any cat breakfast before 5:00!), I am usually awakened when he starts to carry on. I can't wait for the time change and he starts in at 3:00 a.m. (And yes, that's sarcasm; I'm really tired of cats screaming that early in the morning.)

I think Boo needs a check-up. His mom and aunt both had thyroid issues (over-active) and I think that's what his problem is, too. He could eat all day long if I fed him that way. He's old (will be 19 in February), but he's still annoying as heck that early in the morning.

Most of the time, it's getting to be all I can do to stay awake much past 10:00 p.m. and sometimes I'm lucky to be awake that late. 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am retired so I get up anytime I feel like it which could be anywhere from 9am too after 11am.  I usually stay up between 12:30 and 1:30.  My time is my own and I think those of us that are retired deserve it. 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think Boo needs a check-up. His mom and aunt both had thyroid issues (over-active) and I think that's what his problem is, too. He could eat all day long if I fed him that way. He's old (will be 19 in February), but he's still annoying as heck that early in the morning.
I hope Boo is ok, you know he is  my favorite rugcat.  So happy he is still around at almost 19 and hope he has many more healthy years ahead of him.  It's too bad he is starting his screaming so early in the am.  When our kits get old, we just have to deal with their habits I guess.  To be alive and happy or grumpy at his age is all you and Rick's doing, you certainly are doing something right

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh I flip flop all over. I naturally wake up around 7am out of habbit for taking the dog out to use the bathroom. Some days I sleep longer or wake up earlier. I have a problem with falling back asleep. I am VERY much a morning person. Once I'm up, I'm up. The only time I go back to sleep is if I didn't sleep well that night.

I like to have the animals fed by 10:30am and be walking by 11am. Mostly as long as I am awake to make Glen's lunch and see him off to work I don't really have to worry about when I NEED to be awake.

As far as bed time goes, Glen works until midnight a few nights a week, those nights I usually wait up for him. Other nights I'm usually in bed by 10:30-11 sleeping by midnight or so.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm normally awake by 6 with no alarm and I am usually in bed to 10 or so.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to get up at 5:15 I naturally wake up at 6:30 maybe 7:00. I go to bed anywhere between 8:30 and 10:00. Most often I am asleep by 9:30 .

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a nurse and had a 5am job for years, and got used to getting up at 3:30 am. Now I wake up naturally at 4am and have for years. Bedtime is usually around 9 o'clock and EVERYONE knows not to call after that! A lot of people say, how can you go to bed that early, but it's only 7 hours of sleep, and I definitely have a LOT more energy in the mornings then I do at night. My ferals know my schedule too, they all show up by 4am!

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I'm working that day I have to get up between 4:45 and 5am. If I'm off and can sleep as long as I want I could sleep until 10 or 11. If I have to work the next day I have to be in bed no later than 9:30 to get enough sleep, otherwise I'll stay up until 11 or midnight.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a morning person.  I naturally will wake up as needed.  I never use the alarm on my clock for work days and I need to wake up at 5:45 am.  I just somehow know it's time.  

Weekends, I am usually by 7ish.  Although, by some miracle I slept until 9:22 am last Saturday.  My BF was kind enough to head the cats off at the pass before they began bouncing on the bed looking for their breakfast. Closed our bedroom door, which is a very heavy wood, and well next thing I knew it was hours later.  It was the best gift this year yet.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely a morning person and so is Paul. We're up around 6 a.m., sometimes earlier. And Tony starts banging on the b edroom door anytime from 5:30 on. Seldom make it past 10 pm at night, sometimes earlier. Been like this all my life - never been a night person. Mornings are so much better. Even when I clean the house, If I don't get started early, it just doesn' get done.