Monday's Question Of The Day - May 8, 2017

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If it's something I need to concentrate on or reading, I prefer quiet. Otherwise I will have the TV or radio on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody listen to the radio? Either at home or while driving in the car? I can't. Way too many advertisements and too much DJ chatter and they're annoying, too. In the morning, Rick will listen to the Bob and Tom Show (I think that's what it's called) on the radio....way too much inane chatter and canned laughter.
I used to listen to the local country station at work. I haven't listened to it since I stopped working; but it was good background noise and the station my co-workers and I agreed on at those offices. I listen to the local Christian station off and on but not usually in the car because my kids always have something to say. Sometimes I will put a CD in and tell them we need to have some quiet and just listen for a while. :wink: DH listens to the radio or podcasts at work; but not all day. If I want music at home; I'm more likely to turn on Pandora through the Roku. My computer speakers came unplugged and it's a royal pain to get it plugged back in every time a cat decides to sit behind my CPU. :wink:

When DD was a baby my Dad, cousin and cousin's now husband drove down here together for her Dedication. My cousin was studying for one of her masters degrees while they drove; but she said they listened to talk radio the entire time. :dizzy: I think they did the same when they came to help DH build a swingset for the kids. :rolleyes2: My poor cousin. :lol:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anybody listen to the radio? Either at home or while driving in the car? I can't. Way too many advertisements and too much DJ chatter and they're annoying, too. In the morning, Rick will listen to the Bob and Tom Show (I think that's what it's called) on the radio....way too much inane chatter and canned laughter.
I like to listen to NPR in the morning to stay current with the news, but otherwise I don't listen to the radio.