Monday's Question Of The Day - May 7, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man I thought I posted this earlier! I got distracted I guess! I blame Monday! :smash: Or the fact that I stayed up almost all night reading. :p Or that people keep talking to me.

How long have you used your current Vet's office?

I just scheduled Mooch and Noodles for their annual visit. Our vet comes here now that they are older and Noodles is on heart medications. It's much less stressful for them both. We've used this practice for about 12 of their 13 years now. I haven't seen the same vet for all of those years; but 2 of them we've seen for most of those visits and the staff know my girls pretty well now. It's actually kind of nice seeing 2 regularly because when we've had emergencies come up they both know them. :agree: Although every time Mooch has needed "help" for her constipation it seems the same vet gets stuck with her. God bless her for getting stuck with the stinky job every time! :lol: :paperbag:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've used the same vet practice for something like 21 years! It hasn't always been the same vet (though there are a couple who've been there the whole time), but they're all pretty good there.

We're well known at the practice, as between the cats, dogs and horses (they have a large animal and a small animal section) we're fairly regular customers. Collie (pony) needs her inhalers, especially from spring to autumn as that's when her asthma is most prone to flaring. Asha's on regular meds too, so we're often popping in for meds refills.

Our vets have been particularly wonderful when we've had terminally ill animals (a cat and a dog to CHF, two others cats to types of stroke, a horse to a brain tumour, and another horse to chronic hoof pain). Without exception, they've been fantastic with us and all the furkids. They're even great with the semi feral barn cat we look after, and have no problem treating her when needed. Even better, they're only a 5 minute drive from my house :D

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been going to the clinic with the same name for 30 years, but ownership has changed. After my dog died, I didn't have another pet for over 20 years. In the meantime, the clinic had been bought by Veterinarian Clinics of America and moved across the street. I've been going to them for them for the past 4 years. They are generally great, but there is one vet I don't like. She handles Mingo very roughly, and he becomes hostile. They have had to sedate him in order to examine him, which I don't really like.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Three and a half years. Prior to that I tried a bunch of different offices during a year period. Prior to that we used the same practice for 25 years. That office is still around but our primary vet moved out of state and the person who took over the office I wasn't happy with.

I really enjoy my new vet. They are cat only and know my guys indvidual.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have been with our current vet for just over a year. We were with our previous vet for 17 years. I liked him a lot but we had several emergencies over the years and never could get a hold of him after hours, he didn't have regular office hours and when Max had his tooth problem he totally missed an infection in his mouth. I feel bad for switching but I need more reliable care for our animals. Our current vet has extended weekday hours, Saturday hours and a dedicated emergency number. They can often do same day appointments and I always get a follow up call after a visit to see how our pet is doing, even on a sunday if the visit was on a saturday.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called them early September 2017 a bit after getting Lelia, to see when I should bring her in for a baseline and went in the beginning of November. So 6 to 8 months? I've never needed a vet before, so. This is my first.

My bf used them which is why I chose them and I liked they're cat only. And when I found out they don't declaw I was sold. So I imagine I'll be sticking around.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I starting taking Willow to them around February of 2017 because they were cheaper and close to my house. I continued to take Willie there because I liked the staff. Even after Willie died and I moved a little farther away, I take Remy and Maisie there because the staff is great and they are upfront about their pricing. I always feel like my babies are going to be well taken care of there.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used my current veterinary practice since I moved back to the US in 2012. The original vet my cats mostly saw retired a couple of years ago, so we see a different vet there now, but she's equally as good. I started going there because my parents used it for their cats and recommended it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Since 1982. Meanwhile the practice has moved to another location with better parking, one of the vets has retired, and there's a new partner.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About 5-6 years. We had used 2 others nearby before we got more educated (thanks a lot to TCS!). Never trusted the other 2 at all. Our current vet was recommended by the woman we adopted Cocoa from. We've been extremely happy with their care, advice and the office on the whole.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed vets a little less than two years ago when I got Leonid. I made a good choice and I am happy with my new vet. She is a smart, knowledgeable, helpful, concerned and all-around wonderful person. She has you in the examination room when she sees your pet. I get to hold and talk to my kitties when they get their temperature taken or get a shot which seems to calm them (and me!) Her staff is very professional and makes patients feel special. And it is very clean. The vet has two beloved Ragdolls herself, so she really understands and likes cats.

My last vet was an OK guy, but his staff was sometimes awful. His office was borderline clean.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
22 years. The vet I started with ended up switching and going into research instead right after Molly died. Abby had been seeing the same vet there (the owner) until she recently retired.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
about 6 1/2 years. when we (Mickey :rbheart:, Snick :rbheart:, and i) moved to this area.

they're the best vet's in the area, imo. they're very good with my cats-- gentle, friendly, careful. and my cats are comfortable with them. they go 'above and beyond', and they did so for my little Snick for years while she was on 'hospice' care. :redheartpump: i'll never forget that.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used the same one for almost 17 years with my first cat Tigger and it will be 10 years this July with Bodhi.