Monday's Question Of The Day - May 28, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just about to head outside to weed my garden after posting this...and it's raining. :crazy: Rain rain go away! I've got lots to do today!! :crazy: It doesn't look like it's going to last. I'd put on my raincoat but I'm pretty sure I left it in the car yesterday and DH just left to fish and kayak with the kids. :rolleyes: I could put my big beach umbrella over the garden where I'm weeding I suppose... :think:

It's the first weekend of summer here. I've got pulled pork in the slow cooker and it smells amazing in my house. This isn't the best beach or BBQ weather but I still can't wait for dinner!

Are you a Sun or Shade person?

I prefer the shade. I tan nicely if I put some sunscreen on. But I burn without it. I'm just not a huge fan of being hot. The only time I'm excited about sitting in the sun is early in spring or fall when it's not so intense and hot. It's ok in a pool in hot weather too. Just give me my SPF!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm a sun person. I always tan. I went to North Carolina for a week last year, and my tan lasted for months.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shade.
Not sure why we booked a vacation to an island next month :p I love the beach though, so I'm bringing tons of sunscreen and a big brimmed hat. Along with booking one of the resorts private shaded cabanas LOL.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger we spent summer vacation at the lake and I didn't think twice about sitting in the sun. :sunshine: However, I've become much more aware of the danger of sitting in the sun and opt for shade now.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Arizona. Spent 38 years in Phoenix where it's 110° in the shade. I've learned to like neither and stay indoors during the day.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shade!

Add some sunscreen and a sunhat.

I don't want to tan, for health and aesthetic reasons :thumbsup: and not a fan of extreme heat.

In any case, it is also pretty comfy and summery to be able to enjoy a pretty shady spot and look out into the sunshine.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you a Sun or Shade person?
Can I vote both??
I was told that as a little baby I would start screeching and wailing the moment the hot sun hit my face, and sadly nothing has changed since then =(

The sun feels super good after a long winter. If the temps are low and chilly but the sun is out, that sun feels superb.
If the temps are hot and stepping outside for a moment feels like an all over 3rd degree burn, shade all the way.
I love being outdoors but I hate SUPER hot days with a blazing sun that won't quit. It's exhausting and makes me feel like I'm carrying a huge flaming brick in my chest and breathing is impossible and sweat turns into a river and I'm soaked after 5 minutes. No thanks!
Warm days bordering on too warm with a nice, gentle sun is great. Much better if you have access to sitting next to a large body of water of course.
I also hate being outdoors when the windchill is unreadable because the cold busted the thermometer and every time I sneeze, a snot-cicle forms in mid air =(

(Keep in mind this not-so-brilliant thought is coming from a weirdo who loves snow storms, loves the threat of being snowed in and loves hoarding all the things for that potential, and chilly, rainy late fall days are super cozy and not always a drag provided I have a good book and a kitty to cuddle with.)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Both. When I'm lounging or we have friends in for a picnic, we always sit in the shade of a maple in the back yard. It's just nicer to eat in the shade. And I like to do yard work in the shade, too. When I'm off work, I like to get up to weed and such early in the morning and then again once it starts to cool off at night. It's just nicer.

But I love to walk in the sun and I'll jump in the pool and float around the pool in the sun. Our pool is right outside our back deck, so it's in the sun.